Making 2 million a year at 19-22 is a shyt load of money for these young athletes

YBE

Banned
Daps
If I made millions at 19 fresh outta highschool, i would've lost every penny :usure:

If I made millions at 23 after learning some sense in college, i'd be more :manny:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
If you have a million dollars after taxes you should never go broke. Even if you had to retire and get a regular job, you'd still live comfortably forever if you're smart

Daps
Reppin
Brampton
True. But durant a humble dude. That money aint really getting spent. nikka aint the flashiest in the NBA. Probably send some money to his mom

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'd deposit about 80% into my parents account and still live like a normal dude. I'd get clowned on for driving my Type R to the arena on game night. My parents can invest 60% for me and then do what they want w/ the remaining 20%

fukks given? Zero.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

You sure about that...ask Gary Coleman (R.I.P.). :beli:
His parents spent all his childhood tv star money bread....:sadcam:

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
-Low Risk Investments
-Tax Free Savings Accounts
-Over seas bank accounts
-Successful food franchise( Mcdonalds, Chick-fila, Chipotle, Wing-Stop, 5 Guys Burger and Frys)

I just couldn't lose with all that and lets not forget about turning down every single friend and family member that wants you to invest in some type of business venture. Its not gonna happen on my watch.
- 1 Nice 250k-400k House
-No cars over 100k
-No Jewelry or chains
-No the church is not getting a new building
- No im not bailing you out of debt uncle who I haven't seen in like 5yrs until now
-No mother you can not go on random shopping sprees just because I have the money now

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its highly dependent on how much your parents were making (just like everything else in life)

if you were brought up by a single moms who you said could quit her job after you got drafted, well.. you are gonna be covering her healthcare costs breh when that time comes. kidney failure? you could put her on medicare to cover it, but if you want more control over her dialysis, it will cost you at the very least $500,000 a year.

I bet things like that happen all the time if you come from rough beginnings. Even if its an uncle you haven't seen in 5 years you are going to be almost bound to pay certain costs for family and friends if thats how you came up. My dad used to do cardiology meetings for McNabb's camp and his colleague was a physician for the NFLPA. She said that the healthcare situation post retirement is pretty terrible and its pretty bad during the regular (off) season as well.

A lot of young people won't understand things like that, they need to invest on those things (retirement) early on and take care of their health and the health of their loved ones, that will be the biggest expense if you are in the NFL or you box or someshyt. If you aren't careful, you will definitely go broke.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
i would have 1 normal single family house and live by myself, but he inside would be on some 2001 space odyssey shyt with top of the line everything, never wanted a sprawling house i like small filled in areas.

i could also give less than a fuk about a car too id prob buy a brand new honda or lexus or something.