Major Nelson: Looking forward for the truth to come out about Xbox One power!

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
http://www.videogamer.com/news/microsoft_no_way_ps4_has_a_30_power_advantage_over_xbox_one.html

Responding to Penello's words on Reddit, Microsoft's Larry Hryb said that his colleague was right.

"We have some of smartest programmers in the world working on Xbox One," Hryb said. "I am very much looking forward to the next few months (and beyond) as the truth comes out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...ello_there_is_no_way_were_giving_up_a/cc2nezu
Also funny that NeoGaf won't approve his account, kept declining it.

Albert Penello- "There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony"

No idea. They just kept not approving my account...I wanted to jump in there and do what Albert is doing but I guess the did not want me there

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! interasting :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
more :duck: from M$'s pretentious PR posterboy who acts like he knows anything about gaming or hardware.

iSLTVABsv32Ij.gif

:snooze:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Like he knew the PS4's specs before to say whether they were giving up that amount or not. :rudy:

The increase in cpu speed (not worth shyt) shows otherwise. They can't just go back to the drawing board and change specs like that on a whim or else delay their system.

This aint previous gens, both are using the same architecture. Sony went with a more powerful design, MS chose Kinect instead of beefing up the system power.

Dont't get mad at Sony having a superior GPU and Ram setup Albert. Yall could've done the same, but chose to base your shyt around kinect. :manny:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
& lets not forget the MS nikka who said ryse was the best thing he's ever seen :heh:

These nikkas talk out of their ass on a regular basis

basically, dude is a cheerleader. I can't take him seriously..dude mentioned Mark Cerny :dead: dude has worked on plenty of games..wtf has Major Nelson done?

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Like he knew the PS4's specs before to say whether they were giving up that amount or not. :rudy:

The increase in cpu speed (not worth shyt) shows otherwise. They can't just go back to the drawing board and change specs like that on a whim or else delay their system.

This aint previous gens, both are using the same architecture. Sony went with a more powerful design, MS chose Kinect instead of beefing up the system power.

Dont't get mad at Sony having a superior GPU and Ram setup Albert. Yall could've done the same, but chose to base your shyt around kinect. :manny:

No they share similar parts but the are not the same architecture. X1 is a very efficient design with move engines desiged to offload certain tasks off the the cpu and gpu. Which leave them free to to concentrate on game physics and graphics. A faster cpu does help in overall system performance. The PS4 is more straightforward which is fine, but the cpu and gpu has to deal with more compared to the X1 design. In the end it will balance out.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No they share similar parts but the are not the same architecture. X1 is a very efficient design with move engines desiged to offload certain tasks off the the cpu and gpu. Which leave them free to to concentrate on game physics and graphics. A faster cpu does help in overall system performance. The PS4 is more straightforward which is fine, but the cpu and gpu has to deal with more compared to the X1 design. In the end it will balance out.

MS PR Speak. We know the raw horsepower of the units. There is nothing MS can do to spin faster memory, more rops, more compute units. etc.

NOTHING.

They chose to bet on kinect, so that's on them.

And all the shyt he's spewing about being more efficiently designed....Cerny da gawd laid that out for the PS4 reveal back in February. And he went into detail why they chose not to go the helper ram setup like MS is doing. While it may be slightly cheaper, it's not as efficient to program for as is unified memory.

So NOPE. I'm not falling for his spin. PS4 was designed with ulitimate efficiency in mind, not the XB1. If it was, the XB1 wouldn't be using ESRAM, wouldn't be using DDR3, wouldn't have a much weaker GPU, etc.

Good day.

fw2clu_zps7716cb3e.gif

Last edited:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
He might be right..he might be wrong. That being said, numbers usually don't lie, especially concerning like architectures. So we will see..no point in arguing about it

Move engines is just a fancy term for DMA compress/decompress. Every 3d gaming system has these. MS's might be more specialized, but the ps4 also has things that render away from the CPU to free up resources.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
MS PR Speak. We know the raw horsepower of the units. There is nothing MS can do to spin faster memory, more rops, more computer units. etc.

NOTHING.

And all the shyt he's spewing about being more efficiently designed....Cerny da gawd laid that out for the PS4 reveal back in February. And he went into detail why they chose not to go the helper ram setup like MS is doing. While it may be slightly cheaper, it's not as efficient to program for as is unified memory.

So NOPE. I'm not falling for his spin. PS4 was designed with ulitimate efficiency in mind, not the XB1. If it was, the XB1 wouldn't be using ESRAM, wouldn't be using DDR3, wouldn't have a much weaker GPU, etc.

Good day.

fw2clu_zps7716cb3e.gif
It's a wrap.

tumblr_m97kqdtpWL1ruln7xo1_500.gif

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
MS PR Speak. We know the raw horsepower of the units. There is nothing MS can do to spin faster memory, more rops, more computer units. etc.

NOTHING.

Good day.

fw2clu_zps7716cb3e.gif

Im glad you like keeping giffs of me on your devices. But punk moves dont not make you right. And who said anything about esram? :what: This proves you don't know as much as you think you know. Read up on how the Xbox one works from a forum not named Neogaf. Until then anything you say is talking out your ass. Something Sony stans love to do.