MAGA Taker Tells How Political WWE is :mjpls:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He basically said "I'm a company guy, WWE is politically correct, go USA!"

And WWE doesn't need to have overly political product (although they still use racist, xenophobic, and nationalistic tropes), the company still breathes it, regardless.

They have donated millions upon millions to the Trump Foundation, participated in corruption in being deemed an essential business...hell, they do propaganda for Saudi Arabia.

Yea they're donating millions of dollars to a presidential candidate so the company itself isn't apolitical.

If Undertaker was talking about the actual TV shows, I think it's reasonable to say they're apolitical. If you reach hard enough you can argue that any TV show has political implications and messaging, but except for that stupid sh1t they did with "Occupy Raw" a while back, their show rarely has any commentary on current political topics.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Never understood the appeal with Undertaker and why people liked him so much. He was always just a boring ass zombie if he wasn't on his bike.

:patrice:I mean on a sports entertainment side, Taker provided so much fukkery throughout the past three decades that he became a household name. Dude held down the E while folks like Hoegan and em rolled out or just couldn't deal with WCW whooping that ass. Think about it, Taker stayed and was down from day 1. While he is meh for my eyes, there's no denying that Undertaker comes to mind when you mention professional wrestling and yall know I'm #purogang #oldschoolgang to the death to even associate with such a wrestler:beli:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Is this doc worth sitting through? I was never a fan of this dude like that.

It's alright for what it is :francis:. Honestly, the first episode pretty much summed up the entire series and we really don't need this shyt stretch because they trying to compete with the Jordan doc :mindblown:

• Taker is old and washed
  • Taker had no faith in himself
  • Vince crying because Taker is washed and old
All and all, there are some things in the doc that was interesting like Taker being out of it after the Brock match and dude having self conscious issues, even though he's friggin Taker. Beyond that, it really should have been a two hour doc with the fluff being eliminated (Taker's open toes, Taker "boo lovin", and etc)

All of this is true, but I'd actually say that the documentary is totally worth watching if you're interested in the psychology of a Trump supporter and how that overlaps with the psychology of a pro wrestler chasing ungraspable glory.

It, like most things these days, is way the fukk too long (6 hours when no more than 2.5 are needed), but watching the vicious cycle he goes through when he tries to chase a goal his body will never let him achieve anymore, fails, loses confidence and faith in himself, regains confidence/faith, then proceeds to try to achieve the same stupid goal he's destined to fail at honestly feels like an allegory for the American right-wing in general these days (and, really, American politics in general given how the Democrats operate).

It puts politics like these into stark relief (especially since Taker himself doesn't seem to be a racist or any more sexist than your average God-fearing Texan) and gives a legitimate answer for the type of quote-unquote "normal human being" that would follow guys like Trump. Made me pity the guy, to be honest.

Also, everyone needs to see the part where Taker talks about his relationship with Vince. Never have I seen someone who is less willing to show vulnerability on camera than Vince McMahon (right after Taker bares his soul about the depths of their relationship too); it's legitimately disconcerting to me.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All of this is true, but I'd actually say that the documentary is totally worth watching if you're interested in the psychology of a Trump supporter and how that overlaps with the psychology of a pro wrestler chasing ungraspable glory.

It, like most things these days, is way the fukk too long (6 hours when no more than 2.5 are needed), but watching the vicious cycle he goes through when he tries to chase a goal his body will never let him achieve anymore, fails, loses confidence and faith in himself, regains confidence/faith, then proceeds to try to achieve the same stupid goal he's destined to fail at honestly feels like an allegory for the American right-wing in general these days (and, really, American politics in general given how the Democrats operate).

It puts politics like these into stark relief (especially since Taker himself doesn't seem to be a racist or any more sexist than your average God-fearing Texan) and gives a legitimate answer for the type of quote-unquote "normal human being" that would follow guys like Trump. Made me pity the guy, to be honest.

Also, everyone needs to see the part where Taker talks about his relationship with Vince. Never have I seen someone who is less willing to show vulnerability on camera than Vince McMahon (right after Taker bares his soul about the depths of their relationship too); it's legitimately disconcerting to me.
Thank you for this write up. Sold me on the bolded. Vince still is the most interesting person in rasslin. It'll be a shame if we never learn more about him(his thoughts more so)before it's too late.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Was he always kkk taker or did that happen after McCool made him religious?

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you somehow were not already under the impression that the vast majority of WWE wrestlers, announcers, cameramen, light and sound workers, key grips, meal cart staffers, and family members are not right leaning and more than likely BIGLY racist and thinking the South got robbed that last go round...

Then I have a Corona vaccine I'd like to discuss with you

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:So you mean to tell me that he wasn't killing jobbers and putting them in bodybags

:ohhh:The ministry was a sham
:ohhh:Him levitating out of the casket was just strings and not magic

:mjcry:Tell me a lie
tenor.gif

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
y'all been known that taker is a prejudiced, greasy, disheveled, cac-bumpkin maga-slurper who just happens to be an excellent professional wrestler :ufdup:

Last edited: