Madusa Wants Long Term Storytelling For WWE's Women's Division

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
In an interview with WrestlingNewsCo (via Wrestling Inc), Madusa said that she would like the WWE women’s division to get a storyline similar to that of the Bloodline. She agreed that the Bloodline should have main evented Wrestlemania and none of the women’s matches on the card had a storyline that justified the top spot. However, she wants that to change.

She said: “Now, to go back to Trip [Triple H] and say, ‘Hey, Paul, let’s start a great 6-8 months to a year, [a] nice storyline, let’s think of something and let’s build it like you did with Bloodline. I haven’t seen that [kind of] storytelling since the ’80s. I have not seen a year-long program with a woman. So, when you start that and it gets some footwork and tread and marketing and publicity, why can’t women headline WrestleMania one night, and then the men headline it the other night? Guess what, creative, it’s up to you, and it’s up to the women to deliver. And they’re going to be able to tell if they can within three months.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
First they need to build some characters for the women

The only women with character are Bianca, Becky, and Rhea most of the women are just there

Damage Cntrl had potential
All the resent signings never got off the ground
Charlotte is Charlotte
And Ronda is boring

I’m all for Long Term Storytelling but the division on both brands needs a massive overhaul to bad the man that runs creative doesn’t care about it

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I'd be shocked if they hadn't planned a Bloodline story before with the men. More than likely they did and it didn't land because it also takes the right people. Name another Heyman that's waiting after this one calls it quits because if he's out there nobody knows.

They've got a chance to get about as close as they can to what she's talking about with Rhea vs Bianca, beyond that most women in wrestling can't carry a program 1 month and she wants 3 to start.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'd be shocked if they hadn't planned a Bloodline story before with the men. More than likely they did and it didn't land because it also takes the right people. Name another Heyman that's waiting after this one calls it quits because if he's out there nobody knows.

They've got a chance to get about as close as they can to what she's talking about with Rhea vs Bianca, beyond that most women in wrestling can't carry a program 1 month and she wants 3 to start.

I think Noami leaving probably through that out the window. Tamina and Nia can't hold it down

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I think Noami leaving probably through that out the window. Tamina and Nia can't hold it down
I meant the men. I don't believe this is the first time they've tried building a story like this in WWE history. They've had ideas before and either Vince woke up one day and scrapped them or signs were there to end it.

And I don't think you can sit down and set out to build another Bloodline either, there's some level of organic figure it out required. Otherwise you wouldn't have the gap between NWO & Bloodline of awful shyt

She's right to call for better storytelling, I don't think long term exactly means better or good though

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
IIRC, the last good women's storyline was the "who will stab whom in the back first" story between Sasha Banks & Bayley Two Belts.
The women's division is long overdue for some good writing.

Sasha vs Bayley always had good storylines, even that weird one where they kept beating each other up only for Sasha to confess her love to Bayley, still confused by that, but was entertained

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I suggested long before Sasha left that they should do the 4 horsewomen storyline with her, bayley, charlotte, and becky. :yeshrug: That stable could have easily ran for about a year or year and a half and culminated in a fatal 4 way at mania. But nikkas was acting like it was dumb but didn't give any real reasons why.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Didn't WWE gave her the Damage CTRL/Becky storyline that painfully lasted from SummerSlam until this WrestleMania?
WWE Writers:
what-more-do-you-want-tyrese.gif

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I mean it'd be nice, but saying "Do another Bloodline" is easier than actually doing it considering there have only been a few storylines in the modern era comparable to the Bloodline for the men in the first place. The Bloodline story required a lot more talent than just the guys in the actual family too, all of whom were talent the audience wanted to see regardless (Heyman, Brock, Zayn, Owens, Cena, Bryan, Strowman, Drew, Cody, etc). I think the women's division needs way more quality depth before they can pull something like this off.

EDIT: To add on, they have some very promising women coming up in NXT now and as I've said in the weekly NXT threads, their college athlete recruitment pipeline is already starting to pay dividends. But I still think it's going to be a LONG time until they can field enough quality talent in the women's division for something so ambitious.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Never ever going to happen. WWE puts very little thought into angles involving the women. It’s either so and so wants to be champion or mean girl hijinks.

The women are too bad to actually try this. No one ever actually points out that the mid card women's division doesn't exist because it can't, there just ain't enough good women. The five main eventer have to carry the rest. They should hire 600 women for nxt and hope 20 are good.