Mad Men: Season 7 (Part 1) 'The Beginning' - April 13th

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
I think that Don is going to play the good boy for now, I don't think it will be obvious whether or not he's completely turned a corner, but I think he'll play the games they want at the office. He'll help Peggy own this account she's on, and he'll probably end up winning her trust back, on the way to make his slow come-up again at the company. I think there's potential there for something funny between Peggy and Don too, like them having friendly bonding moments over sonning that other dude that's on that project with them.

Don is back at square one, but I think that talk by Freddy reminded him that he's selling himself short, and he could still own his company and get his life back in order. I think Don either wins the Burger account and restores some faith in him from the other partners, or he lets Peggy win it and the other partners see that as Don maturing and stepping back to let his (former) department and Peggy-project shine. Either way, there's potential for Don to show the progress and success that they want to see sooner than later. The fact that the timing just so happened to work out for Don to even be on this account shows that this Burger thing is about to go somewhere fast. Don and Peggy are going to own it and he's going to have a chance to show the other members "Hey, I'm not all bad. Remember what I can do for you and this company."

What's going to be interesting, and I don't know if we will see it before the end of these Part 1 Episodes, is if Don FINALLY gets everything back in order, but it's too late. Don starts out by patching things up with one of the only people who TRULY knows him, Peggy. He gets his job back and earns it the right way, he comes out on top at the office, getting the best of his replacement and anyone that stands in his way. He could end up making the other members a lot of money by righting his wrongs and just being Prime-Time-Don. He conquers his alcoholism and smoking, finally.

I could see this ending tragically for Don though:
Despite his efforts and successes at the office, the other members turn their back on him because they've all lost trust in him over the years. He could win all of the accounts back that he kicked to the curb, but they would still give him the cold shoulder. Maybe Roger finally kicks the bucket so there's no one there to help Don.
He might finally figure himself out in enough time to finally appreciate Meghan, but it looks like she's either about to be gone in LA living her own (new) life to the fullest. Or she's going to die by the Manson's. Either way, it will be too late.
Don finally appreciates his health and does his best to kick his habits, but he ends up with cancer.
He finally tries to appreciate his kids that he's always just kind of tossed to the side, but it's too late.

Don wasted so much of his "good years", the 60's, just kind of doing what he wanted when he wanted. Letting the quality lifestyle slip through his hands. Now that he's ready to live his life happily, and fulfill the expectations of others and finally patch things up, I think that the world will have passed Don by.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
The following error occurred:
You must spread reputation to at least 40 other user(s) before you can give reputation to BigSteve again.

The quality of posting in this thread is just :wow:

Daps
Did Don ever take that bottle out of his office?

I'm think Don will bounce back, remind folks of his talent, much to the dismay of some and then either Cutler or Joan find the bottle, which violates the terms of his return and leaves his position with the firm in the balance for the next year until they decide to air the final episodes of 'season 7'

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
I still can't believe we're about to have to wait another year :snoop:

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
worst season split, ever. unless betty, peggy and sally get kidnapped by an afgan sex trafficking group and don befriends jack bauer to guide him through Singapore, in these last two episodes, this is gonna be a let down.

prepare the flatop

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
worst season split, ever. unless betty, peggy and sally get kidnapped by an afgan sex trafficking group and don befriends jack bauer to guide him through Singapore, in these last two episodes, this is gonna be a let down.

prepare the flatop
:what:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

prepare the flatop

Good job there's 3 episodes left then isn't it.

cook

Banned
Daps
:lupe: theres so many possibilities for don's character to go at this point...should be a telling episode about how the rest of the series will go