MacBook vs Windows operating system

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
kr6la6oa35v41.png

looks like Linux. what OS is that?

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I've been using macbook for like 5 years now, and the experience is light years ahead of being on windows.

I've had plenty of windows machines and now the only one I have is the one for work. and it is currently crashed, which has already happened multiple times in less than 2 years.

I've never had a machine running MacOS crash. but with windows, it's part of the normal user experience.
I've been a "power user" of Windows machines, building my own, programming, gaming, etc for two decades and "crashes" don't just happen. If they do, it's an easy fix for so much less money than any over-priced Apple machine. 99% of the time when people complain about Windows they have no clue what they're doing with a computer, overall. If you have a "crash" and can't get yourself back together then maybe you do need the user-friendliness of a Mac. It's the exact same argument with Android vs. Apple; if you truly know about the value of what you're buying, in most cases, you're not buying an iPhone

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I've been a "power user" of Windows machines, building my own, gaming, etc for two decades and "crashes" don't just happen. If they do, it's an easy fix for so much less money than any over-priced Apple machine. 99% of the time when people complain about Windows they have no clue what they're doing with a computer, overall. If you have a "crash" and can't get yourself back together then maybe you do need the user-friendliness of a Mac. It's the exact same argument with Android vs. Apple; if you truly know about the value of what you're buying in most cases you're not buying an iPhone

I can fix a windows computer, I'm just not about investing the time to do so anymore. been there and done it countless times over the years.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I can fix a windows computer, I'm just not about investing the time to do so anymore. been there and done it countless times over the years.
I understand but what I'm saying is crashes don't just happen. What did YOU do to "crash" it? In my current gaming build I have 2 HHD and two SSD, 8TB worth of drives, all almost filled to the brim with multi-boot between Windows installs and nothing has crashed...I don't even turn the computer off because it runs my home automation too. I don't think it's been turned off for anything but an update in about 9 months.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I understand but what I'm saying is crashes don't just happen. What did YOU do to "crash" it? In my current gaming build I have 2 HHD and two SSD, 8TB worth of drives, all almost filled to the brim with multi-boot between Windows installs and nothing has crashed...I don't even turn the computer off because it runs my home automation too. I don't think it's been turned off for anything but an update in about 9 months.

I haven't had a personal windows computer since 2015.

they would just degrade and slow down until I would say fukk it and re-image it back to brand new.

the HP I have from work, is bricking out regularly from regular work use, and even the lenovo I had at my last job once blue screened to the point it wouldn't boot up and I had to have that one rebuilt as well. I just haven't had a good experience with windows over the years. I don't even game.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Download CPU-Z and post what CPU you got. Sounds like you need a defrag and probably a system cleaner/malware scan.

HP Laptops are notorious pieces of trash though.

Honestly just look for something quad core and cheap. If you not doing much to use the cpu heavy just get more ram and clean it.

tons of options out there right now.

PROVANTAGE: Lenovo 81X20007US Flex 5 14, R5, 8GB, 256GB

PROVANTAGE: HP 3F605UT#ABA HP Smart Buy ProBook 455 G7 Ryzen7 4700U 16GB 512GB W10P64 15.6" FHD 1-Year

That last link will destroy whatever you throw at it, should cover you for a while.
That HP you linked is great

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
that's interesting. I had a thinkpad for one of my jobs, and that bytch crashed on me once as well. I had to mail it back to arizona for them to fix it over the christmas holiday.

the laptop I got for my current job is an HP, and it's supposed to be replaced anyways. it's running windows 7, which is no longer supported anymore and certain apps like outlook, skype and teams are all extremely slow despite the machine having enough RAM.

I've had 2 mac book pros that I use all the time, and them shyts have NEVER crashed on me once.

I’ve never had a laptop crash on me in the past ten years

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I haven't had a personal windows computer since 2015.

they would just degrade and slow down until I would say fukk it and re-image it back to brand new.

the HP I have from work, is bricking out regularly from regular work use, and even the lenovo I had at my last job once blue screened to the point it wouldn't boot up and I had to have that one rebuilt as well. I just haven't had a good experience with windows over the years. I don't even game.

I have a windows desktop pc that has been on for the past three years no issues

Many time’s if a laptop is crashing it’s because you need to replace the thermal on the CPU etc

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Working in IT I have had plenty of Windows PC's crash on me, it could be anything from the software to a software update or a bad motherboard (I'm looking at you Dell) However the window pc's I have both used never gave me an issue. I have a MacBook for my personal DD though