MacBook vs Windows operating system

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I feel like anyone whos asking the questions you are shouldnt be spending $2500 on a laptop. The people who need a $2500 laptop would already know these things typically. What do you need to use it for?
Work

I’ve had the same one for a while and it’s just slow. I feel like it doesn’t have the power to do what I need it do to

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Ive got both and my thinkpad has been superior to my mac in the long run as it has not crashed that I can recall. My mac has crashed several times. The interesting thing is my Thinkpad is my daily driver so I use it alot more and have several apps installed. I never installed anything but VLC on my mac. I just use it as an AppleTV box really.

that's interesting. I had a thinkpad for one of my jobs, and that bytch crashed on me once as well. I had to mail it back to arizona for them to fix it over the christmas holiday.

the laptop I got for my current job is an HP, and it's supposed to be replaced anyways. it's running windows 7, which is no longer supported anymore and certain apps like outlook, skype and teams are all extremely slow despite the machine having enough RAM.

I've had 2 mac book pros that I use all the time, and them shyts have NEVER crashed on me once.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Work

I’ve had the same one for a while and it’s just slow. I feel like it doesn’t have the power to do what I need it do to
Thats not really answering the question though breh. I mean what apps and workload do you need to use? :pachaha:
If your job is paying for it then I get you just asking for the best laptop at the price they are willing to pay, if not, we need more information.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
that's interesting. I had a thinkpad for one of my jobs, and that bytch crashed on me once as well. I had to mail it back to arizona for them to fix it over the christmas holiday.

the laptop I got for my current job is an HP, and it's supposed to be replaced anyways. it's running windows 7, which is no longer supported anymore and certain apps like outlook, skype and teams are all extremely slow despite the machine having enough RAM.

I've had 2 mac book pros that I use all the time, and them shyts have NEVER crashed on me once.

But it all depends on what the quality of the laptop you are using. My company uses HP professional laptops and for the most part they work fine. I am trying to get a zbook because i do need the extra power. I have heard with people and their HP laptops being slow or crashing has been mostly because they did not get the laptop that fit their applications' system requirements, or what was more frequent was that they were getting old refurbished laptops and parts instead of newer ones.

I have can think of only one time in the past 2 years where i had a legitimate problem with my laptop, but i know coworkers that have support coming to help them with issues with their Mac books frequently. But the point is if you are spending 2500+ on a laptop it better not have any issues. Most workers will never use a Mac to it's potential with their day to day duties, so they will get a cheaper laptop which for most people works just fine.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I get the feeling they gave him a budget of $2500 and he just wants to max it out whether he needs that much computer or not. I understand if thats the case.
The problem is and has always been that people use entry level to mid range Windows laptops/PC's and never consider that they will need to buy an new one or upgrade it as time goes on. When the system starts to get long in the tooth, they will complain that it is slow and does not run as it did when they bought it. What is not taken in to account is that as time goes on applications/programs become more advanced as time goes on, and that includes the resource drain on your device. And if you have a entry level to mid range windows device, you will experience that.

The problem is that instead of recognizing that, people say "PC's sucks" or "Windows is slow" and get suckered into buying a Mac. Once they do they are like "why did i ever buy a Windows PC, this is so much better". But they forget they spent 300-800 on their laptop/PC when they could of spent much more on the higher end one. If you want a certain level of performance and have that for years, you need to spend that money regardless of the OS and brand.

Last edited:

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
5mjm5s90e7m41.png

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Work is too broad. What do you do? Office suite? A/V editing, programming?
Im an entrepreneur so its mainly organizing documents, emails, tax stuff, checking bank statements, zoom meetings, editing stuff in PDF, e-signing documents, doing research, selling products, etc. Sometimes i'll day trade in the morning, and cant even do what i need to do at times because the laptop is so slow with the charts.

I wish i was more hip to the language in the tech world, im literally:flabbynsick:when it comes to tech. I hate doing automatic updates my phone. And for a while i had an external hard drive, until i figured out OneDrive was available to back up my stuff:snoop:im honestly ashamed at how it is man. But im trying to get better with this.

The problem is and has always been that people use entry level to mid range Windows laptops/PC's and never consider that they will need to buy an new on or upgrade it as time goes on. When the system starts to get long in the tooth, they will complain that it is slow and does not run as it did when they bought it. What is not taken in to account is that as time goes on applications/programs become more advanced as time goes on, and that includes the resource drain on your device. And if you have a entry level to mid range windows device, you will experience that.

The problem is that instead of recognizing that, people say "PC's sucks" or "Windows is slow" and get suckered into buying a Mac. Once they do they are like "why did i ever buy a Windows PC, this is so much better". But they forget they spent 300-800 on their laptop/PC when they could of spent much more on the higher end one. If you want a certain level of performance and have that for years, you need to spend that money regardless of the OS and brand.
I honestly think thats where im at. I got a $300 laptop for school in 2012 that crashed, and got the one i have now in 2015 for like $450. At the time i thought that was expensive:skip:i gotta do better. I've been in offices where they have a dual monitor set up, and the speed it decent. Im not sure on the specs of the desktops, but I feel more productive there than i do working off the laptop i currently have, and i can really multitask.

And im so ignorant to this tech space but at this point i know for sure i need to upgrade from a $400-500 laptop thats 5 years old

Thats not really answering the question though breh. I mean what apps and workload do you need to use? :pachaha:
If your job is paying for it then I get you just asking for the best laptop at the price they are willing to pay, if not, we need more information.

I hope the list of daily tasks in the first quote is more descriptive^^^im trying to get my point across:sadcam:

Without reverting back to saying "Something that goes relatively fast while doing 3-5 things at once:skip:"

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I can’t stand HP. Just bought a MacBook Air, only downside is it’s the model just before the one that has sidecar/connect with my iPad, wanted to use it as a second screen for clients.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Im an entrepreneur so its mainly organizing documents, emails, tax stuff, checking bank statements, zoom meetings, editing stuff in PDF, e-signing documents, doing research, selling products, etc. Sometimes i'll day trade in the morning, and cant even do what i need to do at times because the laptop is so slow with the charts.

I wish i was more hip to the language in the tech world, im literally:flabbynsick:when it comes to tech. I hate doing automatic updates my phone. And for a while i had an external hard drive, until i figured out OneDrive was available to back up my stuff:snoop:im honestly ashamed at how it is man. But im trying to get better with this.

I honestly think thats where im at. I got a $300 laptop for school in 2012 that crashed, and got the one i have now in 2015 for like $450. At the time i thought that was expensive:skip:i gotta do better. I've been in offices where they have a dual monitor set up, and the speed it decent. Im not sure on the specs of the desktops, but I feel more productive there than i do working off the laptop i currently have, and i can really multitask.

And im so ignorant to this tech space but at this point i know for sure i need to upgrade from a $400-500 laptop thats 5 years old

I hope the list of daily tasks in the first quote is more descriptive^^^im trying to get my point across:sadcam:

Without reverting back to saying "Something that goes relatively fast while doing 3-5 things at once:skip:"

For what you use a computer for that seems like something you can get a 300 dollar laptop for.

If youre not doing video editing/gaming or mining you don't need nothing over 400 bucks.

What laptop you use?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Right now I have an HP laptop, about 4 years old, that lags when I start it up. Once it’s been running for a couple minutes it gets back up to regular speed, but I feel like it shouldn’t be doing that.

I’m looking at windows laptops that have similar strength and speed. I was thinking about an i7 core processor minimum.

Is there a way to install a windows operating system on a MacBook? At this point I honestly don’t want to learn how to maneuver a Mac when I’ve been using windows for 17 years

Download CPU-Z and post what CPU you got. Sounds like you need a defrag and probably a system cleaner/malware scan.

HP Laptops are notorious pieces of trash though.

Honestly just look for something quad core and cheap. If you not doing much to use the cpu heavy just get more ram and clean it.

tons of options out there right now.

PROVANTAGE: Lenovo 81X20007US Flex 5 14, R5, 8GB, 256GB

PROVANTAGE: HP 3F605UT#ABA HP Smart Buy ProBook 455 G7 Ryzen7 4700U 16GB 512GB W10P64 15.6" FHD 1-Year

That last link will destroy whatever you throw at it, should cover you for a while.