MacBook vs Windows operating system

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Right now I have an HP laptop, about 4 years old, that lags when I start it up. Once it’s been running for a couple minutes it gets back up to regular speed, but I feel like it shouldn’t be doing that.

I’m looking at windows laptops that have similar strength and speed. I was thinking about an i7 core processor minimum.

Is there a way to install a windows operating system on a MacBook? At this point I honestly don’t want to learn how to maneuver a Mac when I’ve been using windows for 17 years

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At this point I honestly don’t want to learn how to maneuver a Mac when I’ve been using windows for 17 years

then why buy one?

not tryna be a dikk...but why buy a new mac that’ll probably be more expensive just to only end up running windows...to answer your question it can be done tho as some ppl like to switch back and forth between the OS’s

https://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-ways-to-run-windows-software-on-a-mac/

my personal experience is outdated but I remember it being slow/buggy when I’d switch it to run windows software...I was a primary mac user but wanted to access windows shyt from time to time...just a little odd that someone who’s primarily a windows user wants to buy a mac w/ no intention of using the native OS

Last edited:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Price range?
Anything under 2500
then why buy one?

not tryna be a dikk...but why buy a new mac that’ll probably be more expensive just to only end up running windows...to answer your question it can be done tho as some ppl like to switch back and forth between the OS’s

https://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-ways-to-run-windows-software-on-a-mac/

my personal experience is outdated but I remember it being slow/buggy when I’d switch it to run windows software...I was a primary mac user but wanted to access windows shyt from time to time...just a little odd that someone who’s primarily a windows user wants to buy a mac w/ no intention of using the native OS

Maybe I wasn’t clear, tech isn’t really my area. I’m asking what’s a comparable windows laptop that has pretty much the same power, speed, storage space as a MacBook Pro. I’m in the market for a laptop that uses the Windows OS

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anything under 2500

Maybe I wasn’t clear, tech isn’t really my area. I’m asking what’s a comparable windows laptop that has pretty much the same power, speed, storage space as a MacBook Pro. I’m in the market for a laptop that uses the Windows OS

my bad...totally misunderstood your question :cool:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Right now I have an HP laptop, about 4 years old, that lags when I start it up. Once it’s been running for a couple minutes it gets back up to regular speed, but I feel like it shouldn’t be doing that.

I’m looking at windows laptops that have similar strength and speed. I was thinking about an i7 core processor minimum.

Is there a way to install a windows operating system on a MacBook? At this point I honestly don’t want to learn how to maneuver a Mac when I’ve been using windows for 17 years

Do you have a ssd?
or install more ram

I have older laptops - lenovo x230 , x240 and a hp elitebook 8570p and each are spiffy.
SSD and at least 8gb of ram and i can do whatever i need

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Anything under 2500

what are you using your laptop for?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I've been using macbook for like 5 years now, and the experience is light years ahead of being on windows.

I've had plenty of windows machines and now the only one I have is the one for work. and it is currently crashed, which has already happened multiple times in less than 2 years.

I've never had a machine running MacOS crash. but with windows, it's part of the normal user experience.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I've been using macbook for like 5 years now, and the experience is light years ahead of being on windows.

I've had plenty of windows machines and now the only one I have is the one for work. and it is currently crashed, which has already happened multiple times in less than 2 years.

I've never had a machine running MacOS crash. but with windows, it's part of the normal user experience.
Ive got both and my thinkpad has been superior to my mac in the long run as it has not crashed that I can recall. My mac has crashed several times. The interesting thing is my Thinkpad is my daily driver so I use it alot more and have several apps installed. I never installed anything but VLC on my mac. I just use it as an AppleTV box really.