NULL
party.jpg

:huhldup:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i youtubed a Bronx tale looking for a clip i wanted to see and came across the siskel and ebert review

they reviewed 'a good son' on the same telecast and i knew how they felt before it started :mjlol:

"maybe somebody somewhere thinks this is entertainment, but I think it is an exercise in irresponsibility by everyone connected to the project especially the young boys parents and managers" :laugh:

they also review The Program, Bronx Tale, Dazed and Confused, dont agree with most of the reviews but these are some films that multiple generations have taken a liken to after they were released. Crazy they reviewed on the same episode

they also reviewed Bopha, the only movie Morgan Freeman has directed. which I've seen once and remember enjoying, but I'm interested in seeing it again...

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Yeah Ebert was known to moralize a bit.

Anyways...The Good Son is a guilty pleasure of mine. I saw this shyt as a kid (My parents let me and my siblings grow up watching everything, they didn't GAF). Been a few years since I've seen it, but there are still things that stick out in my minds. Like him killing that cat. As a youngster, that shyt felt like the most brutal thing that could ever be in a film....:laugh:

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
didnt ebert give dont be a menace a bad review? and that was prob the funniest thing shawn and marlon ever did, cause he was moralizing

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I remember this. It was quite a change from seeing Macaulay booby-trap burglars, getting stung to death by bees, and appear in MJ videos.

I saw it around the same time as I saw the movie Mikey. Mikey was one disturbing, fukked up movie. It got banned in the UK because it was around the same time as the James Bulger murder case. It was like the far more brutal version of The Bad Seed/Good Son.

The kid later was in Blank Check, when he was like 11 and kisses a 30 year old woman. :sitdown:

Last edited:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
this movie had me shook as a kid. The way this dude had everyone fooled :demonic:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I think about this movie all the time because of the scene with the sister under the ice pond and Jamie Lee Curtis having to let one son fall off the cliff to save the other.

What were the writers thinking, having a mom make the choice between her 2 sons hanging off a cliff??
:russ: