Ma$e - The Oracle (Cam’ron Diss)

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I been going thru some shyt so I missed this.

:damn: Murder still got it? :dahell:

The vulgarity of the bars :scust:

That matter of fact flow :dead: nikka sounded like he wasnt exaggerating shyt, just stating facts :russ:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
06_07.99-compressed.jpg

I think some people are over analyzing about where Ma$e position in the game was. Look at the landscape in 97 after Biggie died (Who yes Technically had the crown still in 97 even in death). Ma$e was literally right there and blew up with "Harlem World", Hit Features and ghostwriting for Puff. Ma$e even told everyone "No Way Out" was basically his demo tape. Jay-Z and NaS definitely had more street cred because Ma$e basically went Pop and away from his "Murda" style. (Even though NaS was getting heavily criticized for his more polished sound on I.W.W. and Firm) But look at Jay Z in 97 and NaS in 97. They both were moving much more towards a "Bad Boy" type of sound clearly as far as pop sample type of tracks. "Vol 1" by Jay-Z was basically the 4th Defacto Bad Boy Rap Album 97. Hitmen and Puffy were all over that album. Then here comes Ma$e and "Harlem World" goes damn near half Diamond (Jay-Z was featured on "Cheat on You" on this album by the way) In 1997, Ma$e was on 7 Top 10 Singles including 5 of them were Top 5, 3 of them hit #1.

He wrote "Can't Hold Me Down" and "Been Around The World' for Puff. He went toe to toe with Biggie on one of the Biggest Singles in Rap History on "Mo Money". Jay nor NaS was having back to back Hits on the Charts on the level of Ma$e in 97. This is why Ma$e hit Jay on the 112 "Love Me" track because Jay was talking a little slick on the side and Ma$e kinda checked him like "Look, you ain't moving the same units nor do you have any hits". Jay definitely got the final word on "Imaginary Player" and "Ride or Die" but Ma$e spit nothing but facts at Jay on "Love Me". Now NaS was closer to Ma$e as far as Commercial success because "I.W.W." blew a year before "Harlem World" and "The Firm" album was doing well too, but by that time again some fans weren't happy with NaS going more towards again that Puffy/Biggie/Bad Boy more commercialized sound. So it's not revisionist history to say Ma$e was bigger than NaS and Jay in 1997 because he was. Also the DMX debate doesn't hold, Ma$e was the Biggest Feature on "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot" when he was on "N!ggas done Stated Something" with the Lox. Ma$e was still hot when DMX was hot because "Harlem World" came out late 97 so the success carried over to 98.

Let's not forget DMX got not 1 but 2 Features on "Harlem World" to help blow him up. If anything, Ma$e (And Puffy) looked out for X and helped his rise Also Ma$e needs to be credited with blowing the Neptunes up more because "Lookin at Me" was a huge hit and bigger than "Superthug". In no way Do I think Ma$e was a better MC than Jay or NaS. I do believe you have to give Ma$e his props because he's a very talented emcee and does a lot of types of tracks with that flow. It's actually sad Ma$e retired, his flow was tailor made for the South's rise. Again, I'm a Cam Fan and will always be but have to be fair and objective here. He was never Bigger or had more Hits than Ma$e at his peak. Ma$e being so big basically opened that door for Cam and to Cam's credit he made a 2 Decade Career from this. Ma$e was also featured on 2 tracks on Cam's debut and his 1st video. So I'm not saying Ma$e was some GOAT but let's not act like he wasn't dominating because he clearly was. Look at these numbers and show me where NaS, Jay or Cam had a year like this?

Ma$e in 1997-1998

Harlem World - 4x Platinum
No Way Out - 7x Platinum (Huge contributor with writing and several hits on the album)

Can't Hold Me Down (Puff) (#1 Pop, R&B, Rap)
Mo Money Mo Problems (Biggie) (#1 Pop, Rap. #2 R&B)
Honey (Mariah) (Bad Boy Remix) (#1 Pop, #1 Dance, #2 R&B)
Been Around The World (Puff) (#2 Pop, #7 R&B, #1 Rap)
Feels So Good (#5 Pop, #5 R&B, #1 Rap)
Want You Want (#6 Pop, #3 R&B, #3 Rap)
Lookin at Me (#8 Pop, #8 R&B, #1 Rap)
You Should Be Mine (Brain McKnight) (#17 Pop Charts, #4 R&B Charts)

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
06_07.99-compressed.jpg

I think some people are over analyzing about where Ma$e position in the game was. Look at the landscape in 97 after Biggie died (Who yes Technically had the crown still in 97 even in death). Ma$e was literally right there and blew up with "Harlem World", Hit Features and ghostwriting for Puff. Ma$e even told everyone "No Way Out" was basically his demo tape. Jay-Z and NaS definitely had more street cred because Ma$e basically went Pop and away from his "Murda" style. (Even though NaS was getting heavily criticized for his more polished sound on I.W.W. and Firm) But look at Jay Z in 97 and NaS in 97. They both were moving much more towards a "Bad Boy" type of sound clearly as far as pop sample type of tracks. "Vol 1" by Jay-Z was basically the 4th Defacto Bad Boy Rap Album 97. Hitmen and Puffy were all over that album. Then here comes Ma$e and "Harlem World" goes damn near half Diamond (Jay-Z was featured on "Cheat on You" on this album by the way) In 1997, Ma$e was on 7 Top 10 Singles including 5 of them were Top 5, 3 of them hit #1.

He wrote "Can't Hold Me Down" and "Been Around The World' for Puff. He went toe to toe with Biggie on one of the Biggest Singles in Rap History on "Mo Money". Jay nor NaS was having back to back Hits on the Charts on the level of Ma$e in 97. This is why Ma$e hit Jay on the 112 "Love Me" track because Jay was talking a little slick on the side and Ma$e kinda checked him like "Look, you ain't moving the same units nor do you have any hits". Jay definitely got the final word on "Imaginary Player" and "Ride or Die" but Ma$e spit nothing but facts at Jay on "Love Me". Now NaS was closer to Ma$e as far as Commercial success because "I.W.W." blew a year before "Harlem World" and "The Firm" album was doing well too, but by that time again some fans weren't happy with NaS going more towards again that Puffy/Biggie/Bad Boy more commercialized sound. So it's not revisionist history to say Ma$e was bigger than NaS and Jay in 1997 because he was. Also the DMX debate doesn't hold, Ma$e was the Biggest Feature on "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot" when he was on "N!ggas done Stated Something" with the Lox. Ma$e was still hot when DMX was hot because "Harlem World" came out late 97 so the success carried over to 98.

Let's not forget DMX got not 1 but 2 Features on "Harlem World" to help blow him up. If anything, Ma$e (And Puffy) looked out for X and helped his rise Also Ma$e needs to be credited with blowing the Neptunes up more because "Lookin at Me" was a huge hit and bigger than "Superthug". In no way Do I think Ma$e was a better MC than Jay or NaS. I do believe you have to give Ma$e his props because he's a very talented emcee and does a lot of types of tracks with that flow. It's actually sad Ma$e retired, his flow was tailor made for the South's rise. Again, I'm a Cam Fan and will always be but have to be fair and objective here. He was never Bigger or had more Hits than Ma$e at his peak. Ma$e being so big basically opened that door for Cam and to Cam's credit he made a 2 Decade Career from this. Ma$e was also featured on 2 tracks on Cam's debut and his 1st video. So I'm not saying Ma$e was some GOAT but let's not act like he wasn't dominating because he clearly was. Look at these numbers and show me where NaS, Jay or Cam had a year like this?

Ma$e in 1997-1998

No Way Out - 7x Platinum (Huge contributor with writing and several hits on the album)

:mjlol: tell you like I told my girl:

When Mase said "I wanna see you happy, even if it's not with me. :jawalrus:" at the end of What You Want feat. Total,

every hurt, lonely, angry, bitter, jilted, dumped, cheated on and left for dead nikka turned on Mase at the same time.

So nawl. Mase ain't never been popping. Wasn't nobody listening to no Mase. That's some internet revisionist bullshyt. :troll:

YourSavior

Your Savior
Daps
Reppin
BOSTON
06_07.99-compressed.jpg

Ma$e in 1997-1998

Mase hit Jay back with a verse on Do What Playas Do, “you ain’t dissing me until you say my name” still play it til this day

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
06_07.99-compressed.jpg

Ma$e in 1997-1998

#facts
Yet,some silly nikkas act like DMX was the hottest nikka in 98' Even prior to RR anthem.
Naw