Ma dukes rushing me to buy a crib

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Here’s the thing I was trying to clear my student loans and my car debt then she came with this bullshyt

1. Both sides will be rented I'll be living with them
2. my credit score is so trash because i was unemployed last year, think im at like 600
Recipe for disaster. Pay off all your debt breh.

Rule of thumb: don’t spend more than 3x your salary on a house.

Do you make 233K per year???

Superstar
Daps
She's thinking long term.
Your reason not to (if you commit to it) will need to be in the same vein.

:mjcry:
This ain’t got shyt to do with the topic, but THANK YOU for using the correct form of “vein” for what you were saying. You have no idea how many people would have typed wrote “vain” or “vane” between thecoli and my job. It’s beautiful to see.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I was ready to cop my house. Everyone told me to buy in 2015-2019. I said nope! I’m not ready!

And then look at God. Copped a single-family home during historically low rates :blessed:

so why didn't you buy in 2015-2019 when everyone told you 2?

kinda sounds like you had a lucky hand TBH.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
This ain’t got shyt to do with the topic, but THANK YOU for using the correct form of “vein” for what you were saying. You have no idea how many people would have typed wrote “vain” or “vane” between thecoli and my job. It’s beautiful to see.
You already no :salute:
Are grammar is correct over here :obama:
*Disclaimer: Typos are subject to review

:salute:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
29 not forcing me per se but she’s been on my head about buying a crib and I’m genuinely just not interested right now

:francis: It’s not looking good bruh
If you can afford it, do it.
Future you, ten years from now, will say " Damn @GrindtooFilthy now the crib worth $1.4 million, I've paid down the loan for ten years and I have a couple hundred thousand dollars in equity and I'm effectively a millionaire".

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
You may have a hard time finding a lender under 620-640.

If she’s partnering up with you (taking the lead), and you both have a lot of cash to put down, go for it if it makes sense.

Rates are going to be dropping though.
yeah she be buggin im good, i'll cop a crib when i'm ready

130k roughly but yeah buying house is out the way as of right now

If you can afford it, do it.
Future you, ten years from now, will say " Damn @GrindtooFilthy now the crib worth $1.4 million, I've paid down the loan for ten years and I have a couple hundred thousand dollars in equity and I'm effectively a millionaire".
i got a combined debt of $30k roughly plus 630 credit score, this house can't be worth for what it is

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah she be buggin im good, i'll cop a crib when i'm ready

130k roughly but yeah buying house is out the way as of right now

i got a combined debt of $30k roughly plus 630 credit score, this house can't be worth for what it is
All depends on what metro you're in.
Like in LA, the houses are only going up, if I could grab one for $700k, I'd do it, I know that in 10, 20, 30 years it will double or triple that along
with any other assets.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Perfect time to buy.
:mjlol:
affordability-chart-1-1024x710.png

Superstar
Daps

I originally did that shyt because my dad was retired, trying real estate on the side, and wanted a big commission lol. He pushed and pushed the gen x logic of “always buy bigger, you can always sell it and buy even bigger after that!”

It hurt at first, but I was fortunate enough to make more, and it got easier.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
All depends on what metro you're in.
Like in LA, the houses are only going up, if I could grab one for $700k, I'd do it, I know that in 10, 20, 30 years it will double or triple that along
with any other assets.
Boston metro area, I'm just worried i can't make those payments plus maintenance, you know random shyt my pop up but it's brand new house built this year but these new age houses be built like shyt so i dunno
Yep. Perfect time to buy.
:mjlol:
affordability-chart-1-1024x710.png
:francis::francis::francis: this just boils my blood more, my folks my get cussed out if they bring this up again not knowing what these rates look like

Sounds like mom is the money source to me
she's saying she'll match if I put 10k, my salary is solid 6 figs but my debt ratio is kinda insane rn
I originally did that shyt because my dad was retired, trying real estate on the side, and wanted a big commission lol. He pushed and pushed the gen x logic of “always buy bigger, you can always sell it and buy even bigger after that!”

It hurt at first, but I was fortunate enough to make more, and it got easier.
:patrice:

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Boston metro area, I'm just worried i can't make those payments plus maintenance, you know random shyt my pop up but it's brand new house built this year but these new age houses be built like shyt so i dunno

:francis::francis::francis: this just boils my blood more, my folks my get cussed out if they bring this up again not knowing what these rates look like

she's saying she'll match if I put 10k, my salary is solid 6 figs but my debt ratio is kinda insane rn

:patrice:
If the numbers add up do it. If u wait ull be in a competitive market. Bite the bullet now and refi later.