Lynching Postcards #NeverForget (GRAPHIC IMAGES)

WeSeeIt

Rookie
Daps
This quite literally made me sick to my stomach. This is disgusting. And some of these photos are less than 100 years old.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
for those who dont know Cacs use to share/send these postcards to friends and family sometimes for birthdays, invitations etc... this is scary and demonic brehs
big-lynching.jpg

Proud perpetrator posing for this photo postcard sent through the mail in Mississippi in the early 1900s.

106085.jpg

Lynching_of_Laura_Nelson_and_her_son_1.jpg

postcard-sob.gif

5182956_1_l.jpg

Lynching of Allen Brooks Printed postcard of lynching scene, Dallas, TX, March 3, 1910. Allen Brooks was accused of molesting a three-year-old white girl. During the trial, an angry mob stormed the courtroom and took him out and lynched him from a street pole

ahorcado+Real-Photo-Postcard-of-the-Lynching-of-an-African-American-Man1913.jpg

7691262_1_l.jpg

18.jpg

Townspeople gathered for the burning of John Lee. August 13, 1911, Durant, Oklahoma.
Another version of this photo postcard was marketed with the negative etched, "c00n Cooking."

7691260_1_l.jpg

A BLACK LYNCHING REAL PHOTO POSTCARD early 20th century. Depicting a black hanging corpse and onlookers with WOF "I send you this beautiful photograph, this is one who died by the unwritten law yesterday"

Breh... Why is a blacc man mean muggin the camera on the last pic? :dwillhuh:

16.jpg

The lynching of four unidentified African Americans. Circa 1900, location unknown.

02.jpg

Unidentified corpse of African American male. Gallows, courthouse-jail, and windmill in background. Nine onlookers, two young boys. 1900-1915. Location unknown.

The architectural details of the courthouse in the background suggest a Texas origin. Found in Texas.

7691264_1_l.jpg

Jesse Washington, Wako, TX, who was dragged out a courthouse by a mob, tortured, burned and hung.

553503_1_l.jpg

36.jpg

The lynching of Will Moore. May 20, 1919, Ten Mile, Mississippi.
Etched in the negative: "Negro who shot J. H. Rogers at Ten Mile, Mississippi." J. H. Rogers managed a sawmill at Ten Mile

Too bad most of these images are buried in ya local public library or community college library. Most people don't want to even look or talk about this irl. Go ahead & try it or you'll get that white guilt look of "idk"​

Vodun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Prime creator
man i haven't looked at this thread in a min and after seeing these pics man made me bust into some tears. these are my fukking people. the next nikka who worships white women etc i will hit them with one of these pictures.:sadcam:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
the photos speak for themselves. I know what kind of people we're dealing with and I will NEVER forget.
Just like the Japanese, middle easterners, different European cultures around the world, blacks, latinos, south Americans, Asians, whatever group yo ucan think of.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
@kp404 , @Matt504 your thoughts??

While the photos speak a horrific truth about racial oppression and state sponsored violence against our people, I argue that the photos do an injustice to us as well...why are these photos nothing but faceless, nameless "victims" of white violence? What are their names? How did they end up in that situation? How did they fight back? Because once you start giving the black masses voices and faces, it shows that we are not simply faceless victims, but resistance fighters for our liberation. I don't like whites and blacks to look at these photos and think blacks are helpless victims of oppression because we are not. We have always practices resistance to racial and capitalist injustice, including self-help violence (gun groups), political organization (black political parties), and community building (schools, etc.). Yes lynchings happened and we need to see these photos, but we also need the story behind them to show that blacks are PEOPLE with LIVES that were wrongfully taken...that takes the power away from oppression. That's my two cents.

Deezy314619

All Star
Daps
Reppin
St Louis & SD
I prolly shouldn't have clicked thru these so early in the day, finna not let it mess up my day:mjcry:
And yea, this shyt wasn't long ago. Actually makes you think of how blessed we are to be alive now.