Lupe Fiasco gives his thoughts on the Kanye West situation. (Bring up Yes Antics @ Glow In The Dark Tour & Much More)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Do ya Googles for a half hour on all the rappers with beef with a Jewish label exec. Stu Fine alone will get you stories upon stories of bad business. It's simply a statement of fact.

Just off the top...

Jerry Heller
Lyor
Stu Fine
Todd Moscewitz (SP)

and you'll easily find dozens more if you look. Besides the mafia, the entire history of the record business has been them ripping off talents.
aight breh you got it :hubie: that shyt is a super slippery slope i personally want no parts with forreal

but i GOTTA leavea comment where you left a comment at :unimpressed:

Doing ya googles one of the laziest responses of all time, like the internet isn't littered with lies :mjlol: thanks for pointing me in the right direction

googled "music executive stu fine" and one of the first links was to DJ premier saying the man helped get him and Guru together :mjlol: cmon man

My algorithms aren't set to the conspiracy filter breh :dead: if I search and i mostly find people who don't know contracts/law getting finessed by people who do...... :why:

i'll wait until an overwhelmingly boring day swings by

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He also was a COMPLETE dumbass by saying "artists gettin robbed for they publishin by dirty Jewish execs" in that NERD freestyle, they got on his ass for that

To this day i still have NO idea how all these nikkas end up throwing shade specifically at these people :snoop: shyt is bizarre and no one ever has a sensible reason for doing it

Lupe said on twitter a few years ago that Lyor Cohen came into his hotel room when he was sick (with I think meningitis) and DEMANDED that Lupe sign a 360 deal. That was the source of his lyrics regarding that.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
aight breh you got it :hubie: that shyt is a super slippery slope i personally want no parts with forreal

but i GOTTA leavea comment where you left a comment at :unimpressed:

Doing ya googles one of the laziest responses of all time, like the internet isn't littered with lies :mjlol: thanks for pointing me in the right direction

googled "music executive stu fine" and one of the first links was to DJ premier saying the man helped get him and Guru together :mjlol: cmon man

My algorithms aren't set to the conspiracy filter breh :dead: if I search and i mostly find people who don't know contracts/law getting finessed by people who do...... :why:

i'll wait until an overwhelmingly boring day swings by
That is the only positive thing I've ever heard about him.

UMCs put hands on him.
Diamond D on "Show Business" - You don't wanna make a pitch that's wild - shot at Wild Pitch records, his label
Large Professor/Main Source
O.C.

And others have problems with him. Ripping off poor ghetto kids who knew no better.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Lupe said on twitter a few years ago that Lyor Cohen came into his hotel room when he was sick (with I think meningitis) and DEMANDED that Lupe sign a 360 deal. That was the source of his lyrics regarding that.
Yea and i also remember the "okay, you want em(his masters) in a briefcase or something?" situation as well, Lyor sounds like a dikk

you don't throw a whole people out there like that tho mane, i really haven't seen anyone raise a counterpoint to that yet :francis: the nikka even admitted he was super jaded about it and moved on.

Imma chill tho cuz yall got me in here lookin like a super apologists or something :patrice: when im just looking for an answer to why people are going at the whole group for the actions small percentage who are executives

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yea and i also remember the "okay, you want em(his masters) in a briefcase or something?" situation as well, Lyor sounds like a dikk

you don't throw a whole people out there like that tho mane, i really haven't seen anyone raise a counterpoint to that yet :francis: the nikka even admitted he was super jaded about it and moved on.

I’m just posting Lupe’s stated reasoning for the line for the purpose of context. I actually think he apologized for it but I don’t have a source for that

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Imma chill tho cuz yall got me in here lookin like a super apologists or something :patrice: when im just looking for an answer to why people are going at the whole group for the actions small percentage who are executives
Context. They run all or almost all the labels (probably all, I'm just trying to be fair), their whole business model is fukking over talent with what are essentially bad loans, so while it's a generalization, it's not much of a reach. Also, adding a disclaimer in the middle of a bar is not going to sound good.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Context. They run all or almost all the labels (probably all, I'm just trying to be fair), their whole business model is fukking over talent with what are essentially bad loans, so while it's a generalization, it's not much of a reach. Also, adding a disclaimer in the middle of a bar is not going to sound good.
I cant think of a major industry that doesnt try to do this breh, across the board, across the planet. If the ones here in music are jewish cool but beyond that there's no real connection between jewish people and shady business imo

Music not having any serious union representation is the BIGGEST difference i see personally, business executives do not give a single fukk unless you legally have the means to keep them honest.

I aint say shyt about a disclaimer breh, go listen to that NERD freestyle, he said Jewish with his whole chest out :mjlol: rap along to it and tell me it doesn't sound goofy

Mag Wheel

All Star
Daps
I actually don’t listen or pay attention to anything Lupe does if he ain’t rapping. It’s unfortunate but when he speaks it makes me not want to hear his raps even though he might be top 10.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I cant think of a major industry that doesnt try to do this breh, across the board, across the planet. If the ones here in music are jewish cool but beyond that there's no real connection between jewish people and shady business imo

Music not having any serious union representation is the BIGGEST difference i see personally, business executives do not give a single fukk unless you legally have the means to keep them honest.

I aint say shyt about a disclaimer breh, go listen to that NERD freestyle, he said Jewish with his whole chest out :mjlol: rap along to it and tell me it doesn't sound goofy
Yeah, you sound apologist.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Do ya Googles for a half hour on all the rappers with beef with a Jewish label exec. Stu Fine alone will get you stories upon stories of bad business. It's simply a statement of fact.

Just off the top...

Jerry Heller
Lyor
Stu Fine
Todd Moscewitz (SP)

and you'll easily find dozens more if you look. Besides the mafia, the entire history of the record business has been them ripping off talents.
puff aint do it
suge aint do it
birdman aint do it huh? but i'll get called a kewn for even mentioning those folks

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I was at the Glow in the Dark Tour. Everything Lupe said about that, was true.

Lupe did and sacrificed a lot to fight against what is now the standard for robbing artists, with contracts. People keep blaming Lyor, but it was actually Kevin Liles that cooked up the 360 scheme and brought it to Lyor and other execs, in the business. Funny thing is, he doesn't have any issue with taking credit for it either. He speaks on it in mad interviews now.

Damn near all of these CEO's rob their artists. It's been going on since the 50's in the music business. In the 80's and 90's, they switched to the method of buying your publishing from you for mad cheap. Cash upfront. That way, whenever your sh*t played or sold, the bread would go straight to them, and they felt it was fair because they fronted you whatever payment for your rights. Today, with sales being so low, the 360 lets them take ALL of your paper until you satisfy whatever advance they gave you. Most artists are never able to. And the label eats off of them forever. So it's even crazier now, than it was back in the day.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was at the Glow in the Dark Tour. Everything Lupe said about that, was true.

Lupe did and sacrificed a lot to fight against what is now the standard for robbing artists, with contracts. People keep blaming Lyor, but it was actually Kevin Liles that cooked up the 360 scheme and brought it to Lyor and other execs, in the business. Funny thing is, he doesn't have any issue with taking credit for it either. He speaks on it in mad interviews now.

Damn near all of these CEO's rob their artists. It's been going on since the 50's in the music business. In the 80's and 90's, they switched to the method of buying your publishing from you for mad cheap. Cash upfront. That way, whenever your sh*t played or sold, the bread would go straight to them, and they felt it was fair because they fronted you whatever payment for your rights. Today, with sales being so low, the 360 lets them take ALL of your paper until you satisfy whatever advance they gave you. Most artists are never able to. And the label eats off of them forever. So it's even crazier now, than it was back in the day.

You’re right, only thing is Kevin Liles didn’t create it.

The first reported one was English recording star Robbie Williams’ deal with EMI in 2002.

In 2002 EMI and Robbie Williams broke the mould with their groundbreaking 360-degree deal.

Later on Paramore (was a huge fan) who was signed to Atlantic (same time as Lu and remember he gave BOB the original Airplanes with Hayley Williams)

were the first Americans to be signed to that type of deal and it was public info it was a 360. People said it was “groundbreaking” for the labels

Emo-pop sensations Paramore received the first-ever 360 deal ... so, has it worked out?

Lupe timelines all add up with how Atlantic was trying to force him into it and how he went on a hiatus and then dropped LASERS

According to Jeff Hanson, head of Silent Majority Group, the first new artist 360° deal was created by Hanson along with attorneys Jim Zumwalt and Kent Marcus, and Jim's partner Orville. It was submitted to Atlantic Records for the rock band Paramore while Hanson, Marcus and Zumwalt were employed by the label.

It’s no secret Atlantic seems to be the worse label to be signed to and they really push their artist to chase top 40

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
He also was a COMPLETE dumbass by saying "artists gettin robbed for they publishin by dirty Jewish execs" in that NERD freestyle, they got on his ass for that

To this day i still have NO idea how all these nikkas end up throwing shade specifically at these people :snoop: shyt is bizarre and no one ever has a sensible reason for doing it
It’s the truth but those fakkits want to play victim even if you literally compliment them.