Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
You were so busy just tryin' to shine
You shoulda been tryin' to save us

I called it earlier in the thread :ufdup::obama:
It think it's also a metaphor for him calling out the stars for guiding the slave ships the same way he called out the ocean for carrying the ships and wood for being made into the slave ships

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It think it's also a metaphor for him calling out the stars for guiding the slave ships the same way he called out the ocean for carrying the ships and wood for being made into the slave ships

It is breh!!!

This is why Lupe is the GOAT! People complain about him being too lyrical but lines like these are simple but have multiple meanings that also goes along with the narrative and story he's telling. No modern rapper is or can do it at his level IMO

Last edited:

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
It is breh!!!

This is why Lupe is the GOAT! People complain about him being too lyrical but lines like these are simple but have multiple meanings that also goes along with the narrative and story he's telling. No modern rapper is or can do it at his level IMO
They complain about him being too lyrical but when he dumbs it down they say he “fell off”.

Lupe could go both ways. Homie is just in a league of his own.

Sun god sam is heavy in rotation for me right now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Is it a bit much to say this is one of the greatest rap albums of all time? At least that I’ve heard in my life. It kinda snuck up on me. The first few listens I was like this is ok but after a bit I just really came to appreciate it. I’m not putting J Cole’s latest that high but I had a similar reaction there.