datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Just did my first listen...I didn't think he could surpass Drogas Wave.

this nikka Lupe brehs. You know what...I need a smoke...
giphy.gif

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
“Wow”, said the patron with a smile
That’s the most interesting diatribe I’ve heard in a while
How you articulated the nature and put it all on trial
Took it up to heaven, then put it on the ground

So Mural Jr. starts off with holy assumption of man into the heaven’s sphere

And Mural ended with a man barefoot practicing stillness to achieve nirvana

This nikka is a trip mane.

Last edited:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Production on this is top notch! I'm just doing a light listen cause of work but will def have to really peep these lyrics tonight.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I thought the album is cool off the first 2 listens....

SEATTLE & Ms. Mural are beautiful though, especially Nayirah singing....

I like the production too, seems like he ran with the some vibe with some of them joints he was releasing (Chicago etc)....

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is a solid album. It's not his illmatic though. It's a midtier album for him. Way too short. First song is under 2 minutes and a skit on an album with 10 total tracks.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
3 more songs are supposed to come out in August for the deluxe.
waiting for the deluxe songs if this is true. i wonder if he did those 3 songs in that 72 hour span as well

This is a solid album. It's not his illmatic though. It's a midtier album for him. Way too short. First song is under 2 minutes and a skit on an album with 10 total tracks.
yeah, this shyt didn't marinate long enough to be his illmatic, but for him to mind-dump lyrics and make this in 72 hours is pretty damn good. i still gotta go thru this a couple more times but seattle could be a radio single given the chorus, but maybe not so much given the 2nd verse line about hangings...nobody is really annotating his lyrics on rapgenius, that shyt is wide open for annotations still

can't wait for him to make another album for a 24 hour challenge or spend dedicated time to make a comprehensive project

===

when he's teaching at MIT, i wonder if he's going to do some live freestyling as class demonstrations, and somebody better record those lectures...those kids better be in tune with hip hop and reinvigorate him for future content and not have lame ass questions - woke culture sometimes deters people from making art or speaking how they really feel because the arguing back and forth about frivolous topics that upsets these new gen snoflakes is incessant, so main stream artists make a bunch of songs about basically nothing to not make waves or disrupt the status quo to quell the triggering of faux outrage...bun b and 9th wonder were visiting scholars who taught hip hop classes, not sure if it changed them for the better in any way - their productivity discography-wise actually slowed down after they assumed their teaching gigs (probably because of a teacher's salary vs time spent making music), which may or may not happen to lupe...tbh, lupe should make a masterclass and open up the discussion to the masses like timbaland tbh and not just have insulated video recorded commodities without the fan's engagement

damn, the mods actually stepped in to delete filesharing leaks of the album? good. yeah, gotta support the artists, i guess i'll only share old song/mixtape compilations and not new ones anymore

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
waiting for the deluxe songs if this is true. i wonder if he did those 3 songs in that 72 hour span as well
Everything from the rollout instructions posted on Amazon panned out so far, so hopefully. He seemed to be very relieved when he found he only had to do 9 songs and an intro, so I kinda doubt they'd be from the same sessions. Probably not too long after though.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Everything from the rollout instructions posted on Amazon panned out so far, so hopefully. He seemed to be very relieved when he found he only had to do 9 songs and an intro, so I kinda doubt they'd be from the same sessions. Probably not too long after though.
links? i want to see what you are referring to