Malcom X files its a Malcolm X thing,
As you ask your yourself what does Malcolm X mean
I returned to the force in the Malcolm X Wing”

:wow:

Last edited:

Skip2

All Star
Daps
The thing I love about the album is he’s playing alot with the theme of labels using these rappers as slaves pushing drill shyt and rappers themselves being trapped between appealing to the masses with drill or pushing to be more than that. As one of the greats that ever did it, young nikkas need to listen to this from a person who paved a different path for himself by sticking to mastering the artform and not hanging for these labels who don’t give af about you.

Or as he says in Naomi

“Even Christ took a knife for the team…..so swing”:manny:

Can’t be clearer than that
Is that song a lowkey Naomi Osaka double meaning?

Romell

Superstar
Daps
One listen in, but i have to sit with this one some more

Last edited:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“I was in Roxbury on Malcom X block
Talking that talk that got Malcom X watched
Tryna pickup what Malcom X Stocked
Only gave my players a Malcom X box
Look in the sky see the Malcom X ring
Malcom X files its a Malcom X thing,
As you ask your yourself what does Malcom X mean
I returned to the force in the Malcom X Wing”

:wow:
Being finicky here but it's Malcolm

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do yall hear that level of rapping and even fix your mouth/fingers to say this album is terrible? I don't understand "rap" fans man, lol. I mean, even if the tone/production is a little overly melancholy or slow/stripped down, the rapping and the content and just the songs on a songwriting level are extremely alien tier shyt...and he wrote all of these in 3 days (he says, lol). Amazing. It's not his "Illmatic" like he said people were saying about it a few months ago but it's a great and appreciated display of his excellence as an MC/artist/thinker. I'm sure he'll double back and give yall who want the big-sounding musical productions and all that what you need soon...for now just appreciate them words he rhyming tho, you're hearing borderline perfection.

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
Being a Lupe fan is tricky. You go into a project/track with bated breath, not knowing what mood he's in and not knowing how he feels like "playing" with his music.

When I first heard AutoBoto I hated it; "oh, this Lupe". I gave it another chance. Didn't hate as much as I previously did on initial listen. Now? I like the shyt. Can't explain it. Setting in which I listened to it didn't change drastically. Inexplicable.

Just finished my first run through of the album. I like it, only thing preventing me from saying I love it is that it was just one listen. The Lupe I like showed up and delivered. Has a "warm" feel to it. Am already anticipating that it'll get better with more listens.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I first heard AutoBoto I hated it; "oh, this Lupe". I gave it another chance. Didn't hate as much as I previously did on initial listen. Now? I like the shyt. Can't explain it. Setting in which I listened to it didn't change drastically. Inexplicable.
That's for real, same here. I hated that jawn when I first heard it, now I love that shyt. "Little dumb street shyt don't apply to the plug". :picard:

The girl coming in at the end doing the hook is so fire.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
That Precious Things into Kiosk was rough on first listen. Not feeling either on the initial listen.

MostHatedBox

Boxstate's own
Supporter
Daps
Was this the album he was saying is his illmatic or was he referring to a different upcoming project? :patrice:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was this the album he was saying is his illmatic or was he referring to a different upcoming project? :patrice:
It had to be this one because he said it was the album he created in 1-3 days. Definitely was talkin crazy, lol...album still great though imo.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC

UuzXl7w.png

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
Off one listen I dunno man

:patrice:

I’m not sure what he’s going for here seem a lil all over the place

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Just remember one thing, Lupe could take a giant shyt and record it and his fans will call it a masterpiece. His stans are the worst and it’s impossible to gauge the quality of a project based on what they think

With that’s said, let’s see what the hype is about