Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine if Lupe completely went off the grid publicly for 2-3+ years at a time...like if he had that artsy "let the heart grow fonder of me in my absence" shyt going like Andre 3000 and Kendrick and J Cole and them types... the dudes who aren't readily available and we never see or hear from until album time or sumn...I really think he'd be held in a much much higher regard, you'd see him at the top of way more G.O.A.T. lists

He tweets and posts and goes live and talks too much, lol...it takes away from his grandiose art/skill, it gets underappreciated and makes him seem "normal" while them other wayyyy less talented type dudes get anointed for their mystique and inaccessibility, like they're special or sumn. :ohhh:. Lupe thinks way too highly of himself and his opinions to ever be able to go dark on the socials tho, lol, he gotta get his shyt off.

2nd rapping verse on "On Faux Nem" is the verse of the millennium, :wow:, that shyt is poetry. "I took a picture, it looked like my window was crying..." mannnn, Lupe the G.O.A.T.

Last edited:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
One more hour. Been listening to 100 Chicagos a lot lately. Hope Lu delivers.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didnt love the production choices off one listen, but I will listen again for the lyrics tonight
Yeah, I'm not sure about some of these beats :patrice:I always thought one of Lupe's albums strengths was picking the type of beats that let you enjoy the sound without having to analyze the dense lyrics to appreciate the music. Then, over time, you analyze the lyrics and appreciate the genius of the project. Most of these beats seem more focused on highlighting the lyrics and aren't as enjoyable to listen to. I'll have to listen more times before I can really judge it.

Mag Wheel

All Star
Daps
Gotta sit on it some more but it is a usual Lupe album with somewhat better beats. It’s a blessing to get more product from one of top 10 MCs to ever rhyme.