Lucha Underground Was The GOAT

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
This may be an unpopular opinion but LU (particularly the first 2 seasons) is the best week to week wrestling show I've ever seen. Yes this includes the best RAW, Nitro etc runs too. Because it was planned ahead of time, had every match and segment mean something and had satisfying season finales and conclusions.

I don't expect people to agree because it wasn't that popular, didn't start a boom period, didn't last long, didn't have a traditional wrestling TV format, etc but I'll stand by that.

Like somebody said, there's room for another season-based wrestling show like that in the industry to this day.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That's really the effect of them knowing going in that their seasons were going to last a specific amount of time, and filming all of it in advance.

So, shockingly, they actually wrote their wrestling TV show.........like a TV show :ohhh:

Until they start planning specific seasons, no other wrestling promotion will ever get storytelling done as consistently as LU did.
I only partly agree because writing towards a season finale isn't that much different than knowing the time you have to build up from say Wrestlemania to Summer Slam. Sure, there are ppvs inbetween but they got a clear road map of where to go and when they will get there.

What did help LU is the off-time to plan all that stuff out in advance, so it also becomes easier to tweak stories and feuds around injuries that they still had to deal with.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Ricochet...Pentagon...Fenix...Shane Strickland...Jeff Cobb...Willie Mack...John Morrison...AR Fox...Rey Mysterio...Alberto Del Rio...Cage...Chavo...Dezmond Xavier...Sammy Guevara...Jack Swagger...Paul London...Killer Kross...Famous B...Marty The Moth...Joey Ryan...Io Shirai...Maya Iwatani...Kairi Sane...Angelico...MVP

Crazy ass roster

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
This may be an unpopular opinion but LU (particularly the first 2 seasons) is the best week to week wrestling show I've ever seen. Yes this includes the best RAW, Nitro etc runs too. Because it was planned ahead of time, had every match and segment mean something and had satisfying season finales and conclusions.

I don't expect people to agree because it wasn't that popular, didn't start a boom period, didn't last long, didn't have a traditional wrestling TV format, etc but I'll stand by that.

Like somebody said, there's room for another season-based wrestling show like that in the industry to this day.

That's not crazy at all.

I'd probably go with '97 WCW, but it's not that far off at all.

I mean, Lucha had me excited by Sexy Star vs Mariposa like it was Mankind & The Undertaker or something.:russ:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

giphy.gif

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Show kind of fell off for me a bit middle season but I miss the vibe of it :mjcry:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Watched Season 1 and that shyt was legitimately :ohhh:

Mil Muertes/Penta/Fenix are prolly my favorites on there.

(Spoiled myself and watched the Killshot vs Dante Fox from ULIII, and I dont regret it.)