Lucha Underground Season 4 (Ultima Lucha 4 Finale on 11/7)

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
more than that it was mad expensive without the ratings to justify paying that much

True.

I got the impression that the whole channel was Robert Rodriguez's passion project, and he knew from jump it was a loss leader. It's still impressive that they put on that good a show with very few people watching. Whoever said that AEW copped a few stars from them wasn't wrong. They got really lucky with their timing.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
True.

I got the impression that the whole channel was Robert Rodriguez's passion project, and he knew from jump it was a loss leader. It's still impressive that they put on that good a show with very few people watching. Whoever said that AEW copped a few stars from them wasn't wrong. They got really lucky with their timing.

Yeah, he tried to and did do (for a short time) something for his people and culture, so respect due.

I just read he directed an episode of Mandalorian, and is set to do a whole series about Boba Fett.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
There has been talk of reviving the Lucha Underground promotion.

It was reported this week by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there is at least the beginning of talks to revive the promotion. However, the revival would just be the same type of ideas, with a different name.

MLW has used several aspects of Lucha Underground in recent months, but it appears that this revival is something separate.

Lucha Underground aired on the El Rey Network on Wednesday nights, first premiering in late October 24. The show ran for 4 seasons with the last episode airing in early November 2018. Vampiro worked on the project and noted last year that the series and the promotion were done. Before that there had been reports of budget issues that prevented a fifth season from happening.

“90% of the roster is in AEW, the other 10% is in WWE. The writers are gone, the production crew is gone, the company is split. I would pretty much put my money on, it’s over and done,” Vampiro told Chris Van Vliet in early 2020.

The promotion featured several current WWE and AEW stars working various gimmicks, including Ricochet, Karrion Kross, Brian Cage, Lucha Brothers, Taya Valkyrie, Rey Mysterio, john Morrison, Sammy Guevara, and many others.

There’s no word on when this revival might be happening, but we will keep you updated.

:jbhmm:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

It was reported this week by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there is at least the beginning of talks to revive the promotion. However, the revival would just be the same type of ideas, with a different name.

MLW has used several aspects of Lucha Underground in recent months, but it appears that this revival is something separate.

Lucha Underground aired on the El Rey Network on Wednesday nights, first premiering in late October 24. The show ran for 4 seasons with the last episode airing in early November 2018. Vampiro worked on the project and noted last year that the series and the promotion were done. Before that there had been reports of budget issues that prevented a fifth season from happening.

“90% of the roster is in AEW, the other 10% is in WWE. The writers are gone, the production crew is gone, the company is split. I would pretty much put my money on, it’s over and done,” Vampiro told Chris Van Vliet in early 2020.

The promotion featured several current WWE and AEW stars working various gimmicks, including Ricochet, Karrion Kross, Brian Cage, Lucha Brothers, Taya Valkyrie, Rey Mysterio, john Morrison, Sammy Guevara, and many others.

There’s no word on when this revival might be happening, but we will keep you updated.

Hell El Rey don’t even exist no more. The channel ended like last month.

Would be interested to see where it would go if so

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
LU provided the best all around tv product wrestling's ever seen & I stand by that statement:yeshrug:

I've been feeling for awhile that for the sake of the quality of the shows, wrestling needs to be a taped show so storylines have proper time to be written, matches can be choreographed better, edits can be made...you know treat shyt like the tv show it's supposed to be...ppvs should be the only live shows

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍

all we really need is Dario Cueto byke :manny: dude was the heart and soul of the show tbh

if they can get him back i’m all for a revival but if not might as well leave this as it was