Lucha Underground Season 4 (Ultima Lucha 4 Finale on 11/7)

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Stu Bennett Reveals Original Lucha Underground Character Plans

Plans for Stu’s Lucha Underground character/was supposed to lead a group like The Nexus:

“So they were very clear on the pitch with me for that one. It kind of came out of the blue but they told me, ‘Look, we haven’t got funding yet or approval for a season five but we want a big finish to season four and we’ve got some ideas. We’ve been building this character, this mythical character for a little while and we think you’d be the perfect fit for it. Here’s what we’re suggesting, we’ll film it, we’ll put it out. Hopefully we’ll get funding for the fifth one but we can’t guarantee it. What do you say?’ And coincidentally, I was gonna be in L.A. when they were filming anyway so I agreed to do it. It was a very short film cycle. I think they needed me for about three or four hours just to film that little segment so I went and did it and unfortunately, it seems like Lucha Underground is done and dusted now. Maybe it’ll come back one day but the plan was that I was gonna be this kind of character who was controlling an army of guys. I think they were gonna call me The Lord. The Lord of Wrestling or something like that and I was gonna be controlling these guys who were gonna come in and take over The Temple and attack everyone. A bit like my Nexus days if I’m quite honest with you. It sounded a bit like that so who knows where it could’ve gone. I don’t think the idea was fully fleshed out but, that was the rough pitch that was given to me.”

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Stu Bennett Reveals Original Lucha Underground Character Plans

Plans for Stu’s Lucha Underground character/was supposed to lead a group like The Nexus:

“So they were very clear on the pitch with me for that one. It kind of came out of the blue but they told me, ‘Look, we haven’t got funding yet or approval for a season five but we want a big finish to season four and we’ve got some ideas. We’ve been building this character, this mythical character for a little while and we think you’d be the perfect fit for it. Here’s what we’re suggesting, we’ll film it, we’ll put it out. Hopefully we’ll get funding for the fifth one but we can’t guarantee it. What do you say?’ And coincidentally, I was gonna be in L.A. when they were filming anyway so I agreed to do it. It was a very short film cycle. I think they needed me for about three or four hours just to film that little segment so I went and did it and unfortunately, it seems like Lucha Underground is done and dusted now. Maybe it’ll come back one day but the plan was that I was gonna be this kind of character who was controlling an army of guys. I think they were gonna call me The Lord. The Lord of Wrestling or something like that and I was gonna be controlling these guys who were gonna come in and take over The Temple and attack everyone. A bit like my Nexus days if I’m quite honest with you. It sounded a bit like that so who knows where it could’ve gone. I don’t think the idea was fully fleshed out but, that was the rough pitch that was given to me.”
:scust:this sounds stupid.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:this sounds stupid.

True.

But in fairness, have you tried explaining a Lucha Underground storyline to someone that doesn't watch? They ALL sounded dumb. shyt, they sound dumb to me now, and I watched it, and know the show was actually great.

The thing with LU was the execution. They got off some really, really ridiculous storylines, but because the took their time, most of them worked.

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
no fukkin wonder why MLW's roster has been so good. MLW should run Boyle Heights. That temple was a vibe

In the time since that tweet, he left MLW for WWE and then got fired by WWE for "inappropriate remarks" in a meeting with Vince.

Easy come, easy go, I guess :skip:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
El Rey Network gave Vampiro his own talk show. Starts tonight.

:leon:

If there's no run in from Konnan :camby:

It's like they randomly picked names of people still under contract and show types out of a hat to get to this point. :skip:That travel show with Mascarita Sagrada is gonna be fire though :whew:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm straight up surprised El Rey is still going. You know your channel is struggle status if you spend a significant portion of your existence on DirecTV without a HD feed.

Damn I missed this..... but see there is a repeat so gonna catch it later

Vampiro doing some thangs:ehh: