Luca Guadagnino's 'We Are Who We Are' (Trailer) (HBOMax series premieres September)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The Suspiria remake was way over the top, overlong, bloated, but I love his direction, and Call Me By Your Name was a masterpiece.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Need to watch this. Trying to catch up on Lovecraft Country but shyt is a struggle. :francis:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finally got around to this, caught up to the first four eps and it is absolutely incredible so far.

This is Luca Guadagnino fully in his bag as a storyteller and director. The series handles so many confronting themes that I fully get why the average viewer runs away from this but at the same time through all the taboos and flaws regarding our identity, sexuality and even personality it is all on screen with a reflective acceptance. In that sense Guadagnino never wavers from the title of the series. We are who we are and that's how we live our lives. :banderas:

Also crazy how this is the main girl's first acting role. Apparently she was just an amateur singer/songwriter when she auditioned for this. :mindblown:

And I had to check it out to be sure but the chubby white chick is really Martin Scorsese's daughter. :mindblown:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I realized tonight that I am truly in love with this show. The best television since Too Old To Die Young and honestly this might be even better. :wow:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I realized tonight that I am truly in love with this show. The best television since Too Old To Die Young and honestly this might be even better. :wow:
Right there with you. This show has a dream-like atmosphere to it that really just hypnotizes you and keeps you watching. Really glad I decided to give it a watch.

Looking back and I can't believe I put this show on hold for Lovecraft Country. :picard:

Haven't watched Too Old To Die Young yet but I'll add it to the list. :ehh:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You two nikkas hyping this shyt a lot! I'm going to give it a shot. :ufdup:
@Lootpack @TheGodling
Show might be perfect. Like @Lootpack mentions this show has an atmosphere like no other. Although I think the writing and acting is brilliant it is not even close to what makes the show work. It really drags you into these people's lives and as things start to move a bit more unexpectedly you're hit with the question how you feel about that. Not in terms of 'Is this good or bad television?' but in terms of 'Why do I feel so helpless to change their lives?' That's how close I feel to these characters. What kind of show can do that?

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Also, Guadagnino teasing season 2 as subtle as he did at the end there killed me. I doubt it will happen but if it does... :mjcry: