LSU sports & recruiting thread (DJ Pickett commits)

Will LSU win 10 games in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Man... we might have to fire a coach not because of scheme, because this defense just isn't going to improve with no DL coming in this class so far. DL looks ugly and we only got 3* Edges.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Man... we might have to fire a coach not because of scheme, because this defense just isn't going to improve with no DL coming in this class so far. DL looks ugly and we only got 3* Edges.
They need to just do ahead and make the D-line Coach an analyst I feel bad for the man but he’s hurting our recruiting

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
i'm just glad that we didn't suffer from that bama concussion where we sleepwalk thru the arkansas game because we play 2 teams wearing red uniforms back to back and arkansas with bielema randomly beats us by masquerading as and exploiting whatever bama did the week prior...i used to hate that stretch of ole miss-bama-arkansas-a&m all back to back rivalry games after the bi-week like that 2015 schedule and at least this schedule gives us a bit of breathing room...what's the point of LSU playing arkansas as a thanksgiving tradition if we don't win these games? and we fukking lost our DBU and defense status...that shyt is in shambles

BK using the clock as defense is some slimey handshake midwest/big 10/NFL strategy....southern coaches and fans didn't even know how to react to that and our own fans were booing because it looked like the easy way out instead of an outright win to even brag about...if sam pittman was any wiser, he would have let us score and got the ball back with enough time left for them to score and play for overtime because our defense were getting gouged with these wide ass cushions that our DBs were providing for their WRs to get open...idk what happened to the recruiting pipeline to the point that we had to get a DB transfer from syracuse and there's no standout homegrown shutdown corner talent on the roster after stingley -- shyt, half our starting roster used to be on academic probation from failing grades and BK probably emphasized grades over talent when recruiting these kids instead of finagling the system, so it is growing pains had Louisiana collected more state taxes from oil companies so our public school system isn't shyt to transition kids better for college academics and if we can overturn all the laws that corrupt politics made over the decades....we need to get a new DC and hire back our old strength coach because our DLs are getting pushed around out there and the coaching staff is too scared for our corners to play man....some of these coaches BK hired don't know about that southern conditioning or a true SEC practice and have the team gorge a bit on southern comfort food so they play harder like when Coach O allowed it instead of putting them on some strict diet regimen just to get outmanned

and put perkins back on edge...he's been playing that shyt his whole life to be changing positions like that...nobody cares about assessing right eye, right hand dominance with those sight-edge fraction-of-a-percentile analytics...put the players in the positions where they play best to succeed....there's also that southern-handshake with recruiting pipelines where there are sacred cow players that stay on the field regardless of how bad they do...it's not a true meritocracy sometimes and it gets more convoluted with certain boosters paying for certain players to stay on the field or to look good for future pipeline players to get recruited to LSU when we should have a meritocracy in who starts and at what position

Last edited:

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
@jensyao i disagree on Perkins, I agree that he’s dynamic as a pass rusher but for his NFL long term development I agree with how they’re playing him. He’s not going to be playing DE in the NFL he does not have the size for it he needs to learn the linebacker position

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
@jensyao i disagree on Perkins, I agree that he’s dynamic as a pass rusher but for his NFL long term development I agree with how they’re playing him. He’s not going to be playing DE in the NFL he does not have the size for it he needs to learn the linebacker position
yeah i guess the NFL ultimately cares more about size and measurables than intangibles...we have plenty of talent that can ball in the league that is randomly undersized for their position like clyde but i guess not linebackers

the NFLSU narrative sometimes goes against our best interest, like we always play freshmen/sophomores and we're always on this reoccurring rebuilding cycle where players leave early for the league while other teams like bama sits on 5th year seniors every season and we get outmatched physically because of the age differential if it wasn't for that godsend QB transferring in like JD, Joe Burrow, and all that...we need to develop our own QB one of these times or forever be on the hunt for random QBs in the portal. we hit the state lottery in terms of the gene pool and having one school in the SEC but NIL money will probably recruit our better talent away to Texas and states with better funds because our own bad coaching sometimes do squander our best talent. ...sometimes, i do wonder how our roster from the bad years still find their way into the league, like Malachi Dupre and all that

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
yeah i guess the NFL ultimately cares more about size and measurables than intangibles...we have plenty of talent that can ball in the league that is randomly undersized for their position like clyde but i guess not linebackers

the NFLSU narrative sometimes goes against our best interest, like we always play freshmen/sophomores and we're always on this reoccurring rebuilding cycle where players leave early for the league while other teams like bama sits on 5th year seniors every season and we get outmatched physically because of the age differential if it wasn't for that godsend QB transferring in like JD, Joe Burrow, and all that...we need to develop our own QB one of these times or forever be on the hunt for random QBs in the portal. we hit the state lottery in terms of the gene pool and having one school in the SEC but NIL money will probably recruit our better talent away to Texas and states with better funds because our own bad coaching sometimes do squander our best talent. ...sometimes, i do wonder how our roster from the bad years still find their way into the league, like Malachi Dupre and all that
I remember someone saying that it use to be Les Miles Recruiting pitch, 3 years and you on to the pros that’s where I feel like it hurt us, as far as QB after Nuss its looming scary, we’ll see how Rickie Collins develops, but Colin Hurley is struggling big time this year he’s not LSU material at QB but we’re stuck with him hopefully we land a big name QB in 2025