Low key Ridley Scott is one of the worst directors ever

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
i think he's one of the greatest, he has fallen of lately but everybody falls of, you can say al pacino is a bad actor based on his movies for the past few years but when you look at his career as a whole, different story. Ridley is definitely top 10

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
It's cool that Christian is his boy; but his reply to lilibelike was uncalled for, ignorant and disrespectful to her personally and to the black race as a whole. 50 needs an asswhupping.

Christian needs to comment.
50 stay on some "my sweet 16" shyt

Grown ass man:deadmanny:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I agree with every single point you make here (you forgot Thelma and Louise) except two:

1)American Gangster is a clusterfukk of garbage...almost didn't finish it.
2)The Counselor is a very good film..yes, its not for everyone because of the dialogue, but the themes, acting, and overall story is top fukking notch thanks to Cormac McCarthy...but its a very divisive film...you should check out the director's cut
Yeah the dialogue is a little long winded in The Counselor but after a second viewing I appreciated it.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I love Kingdom of heaven and gladiator.

I wanted to love American gangster so badly when it came out. I'm not gonna go as far and call it garbage. Buts it's easily one of the most disappointing films I've watched. A gangster movie about frank local starring fukking denzel Washington and a bunch of other top notch actors. And he some how turned it into a snooze fest. That movie should have been a top 5 film for me.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
the man has two classics when most directors have none but he is one of the worst of all time? :dahell:

i agree he has been underachieving but this thread is dumb as fukk, breh

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wouldn't say he's one of the worst of all time but he's had a good two decades of mediocrity and he's still living off of two movies (maybe 3 if we're counting gladiator)

Edit: 3 decades

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Nah, Ridley is dope. He singlehandedly killing the Alien franchise though. He hated on Neil Blomkamp doing Alien 5 and released that shytfest last year smh

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Had some extremely :mjpls:things to say about movies with Black leads too.

Ether burning him slow last weekend. :mjgrin: