Low key Ridley Scott is one of the worst directors ever

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Yes Alien and Blade Runner are classics. Gladiator and Thelma & Louise are debatable as well. American Gangster was aight but as yourself when was the last time you watched it? Forgettable film overall

But take a look at his cv:

Films[edit]

1977 The Duellists
1979 Alien
1982 Blade Runner
1985 Legend
1987 Someone to Watch Over Me
1989 Black Rain
1991 Thelma & Louise 6
1992 1492: Conquest of Paradise
1996 White Squall
1997 G.I. Jane
2000 Gladiator
2001 Hannibal
Black Hawk Down

2003 Matchstick Men
2005 Kingdom of Heaven
2006 A Good Year
2007 American Gangster
2008 Body of Lies
2010 Robin Hood
2012 Prometheus
2013 The Counselor
2014 Exodus: Gods and Kings

Exodus is currently sitting on about 28% on RT. Prometheus was one of the biggest clusterfukks in the last decade. Robin Hood, A Good Year and Hannibal were pathetic. And then we got the utter diarrhea he was shytting out in the 90s. GI Jane, White Squall and 1492 :mjlol:

Now calling him one of the worst directors is more exaggerating for affect but the point still stands that he's released A LOT of trash. He has more bad films than good ones by a long distance.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Alien - GOAT movie contention
Blade Runner - GOAT movie contention
Black Hawk Down - fukking awesome movie
Gladiator - GOAT movie contention
Matchstick Men - dope as fukk, nicholas cage's best performance in his career
Kingdom of Heaven directors cut - incredible movie, vastly underrated.
Prometheus - imperfect for sure, but as a huge fan of sci-fi, it's pure scifi ancient astronaut theory goodness, incredible performance by michael fassbender, but I also agree with some of it's criticisms, still overall loved the movie

for these movies listed above alone he is one of my favorite directors

American Gangster was good but yeah, I haven't ever felt a need to really revisit it

I think your thread was better phrased as "Is Ridley Scott the best director with some horrible movies?" because he has dropped the ball on a lot of shyt, The Counselor is fukking AWFUL. But fukk, when he gets it right, it's truly incredible.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Alien - GOAT movie contention
Blade Runner - GOAT movie contention
Black Hawk Down - fukking awesome movie
Gladiator - GOAT movie contention
Matchstick Men - dope as fukk, nicholas cage's best performance in his career
Kingdom of Heaven directors cut - incredible movie, vastly underrated.
Prometheus - imperfect for sure, but as a huge fan of sci-fi, it's pure scifi ancient astronaut theory goodness, incredible performance by michael fassbender, but I also agree with some of it's criticisms, still overall loved the movie

for these movies listed above alone he is one of my favorite directors

American Gangster was good but yeah, I haven't ever felt a need to really revisit it

I think your thread was better phrased as "Is Ridley Scott the best director with some horrible movies?" because he has dropped the ball on a lot of shyt, The Counselor is fukking AWFUL. But fukk, when he gets it right, it's truly incredible.

I agree with every single point you make here (you forgot Thelma and Louise) except two:

1)American Gangster is a clusterfukk of garbage...almost didn't finish it.
2)The Counselor is a very good film..yes, its not for everyone because of the dialogue, but the themes, acting, and overall story is top fukking notch thanks to Cormac McCarthy...but its a very divisive film...you should check out the director's cut

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I didn't want to make a thread but 50 is wilding.

x0uRfPt.jpg

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Yes Alien and Blade Runner are classics.

Stop reading here breh as you already acknowledged two movies he directed that literally defined an entire genre on their own. He could've stopped right there and still be considered one of the greatest to ever pick up the camera. Every space-horror and futuristic sci-fi movie has been inspired by these two movies.

This is like saying DeNiro isn't that great cuz he has made nothing but a shytload of garbage movies for the past decade.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Stop reading here breh as you already acknowledged two movies he directed that literally defined an entire genre on their own. He could've stopped right there and still be considered one of the greatest to ever pick up the camera. Every space-horror and futuristic sci-fi movie has been inspired by these two movies.

This is like saying DeNiro isn't that great cuz he has made nothing but a shytload of garbage movies for the past decade.

Those are still only two films. Great films but no he is not one of the greatest directors ever (IMO). Try and sit Scott's CV next to a Scorsese, a Kubrick, a Kurosawa, a Bergman, an Altman. It's laughable. It's like comparing Jeru the Damaja to Nas.

It's not like he's just turned garbage in the last decade either. He's been hit or miss since the 80s. Most of his 90s run is laughably awful.

Saying all that though I do kinda fukk with the directors cut of The Counsellor. It's kinda shytty and awkward in places but I like how crazy it all is. But most of the credit for that i'd give to McCarthy.