Love & Hip Hop ratings: 1.4 / Better Call Saul season finale ratings: .6; no renewal = cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Those are the Live numbers which nobody uses. It's not 1995 any more.

The Live+3 numbers (which is now the industry standard) are 3.5 million (1.3). To put it into perspective there's only 2 shows in it's time slot above it...."Love & Hip-Hop" and "Fear The Walking Dead" and they're only ahead by roughly 150k.

‘Better Call Saul’ closes in on ‘Fear the Walking Dead’: Cable Live +3 ratings for June 12-18

As far as season 4....

'Better Call Saul' Creators on Season 3's Finale Sadness, Chuck's Fate and Awaiting Renewal

Fred.
you nerds will figure put every way to manipulate #s to make it look good for you.

the bottom line is, this show is doing worse than a retarded ass reality tv show on vh1

and it is on its way to being cancelled, maybe the CW should pick this trash up

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Better Call Saul version of him is...I think if he was given his own show with more dialogue, he would shine. We need to see that hungry, hustler Gus.
Another mob show? :heh: haven't we seen enough of those?

It will never happen because part of Gus' appeal is his mysterious background

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
Show is mad slow. It would be better as a half hour. They stay setting you up for the next ep, thinking shyt bout to be live, but the next show is always boring af, just like the one before it. :yeshrug:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Those are the Live numbers which nobody uses. It's not 1995 any more.

The Live+3 numbers (which is now the industry standard) are 3.5 million (1.3). To put it into perspective there's only 2 shows in it's time slot above it...."Love & Hip-Hop" and "Fear The Walking Dead" and they're only ahead by roughly 150k.

‘Better Call Saul’ closes in on ‘Fear the Walking Dead’: Cable Live +3 ratings for June 12-18

As far as season 4....

'Better Call Saul' Creators on Season 3's Finale Sadness, Chuck's Fate and Awaiting Renewal

Fred.

I feel I've read you post "Live+3 is the new standard" like 30 times in the last year :pachaha:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel I've read you post "Live+3 is the new standard" like 30 times in the last year :pachaha:

Because people fall for click bait articles posting same day ratings. Hell, some channels don't do Live+3, they do Live+7.

It's 2017 and cats are still talking about "I gotta get home in time for my show".:mjlol:

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Because people fall for click bait articles posting same day ratings. Hell, some channels don't do Live+3, they do Live+7.

It's 2017 and cats are still talking about "I gotta get home in time for my show".:mjlol:

Fred.

I honestly don't care that much about ratings so I never read news about them. I know you say it's the standard for the industry, but is it for reporters too? Like, are big sites or publications still writing about live ratings or have they also switched to the "Live+" model. I'm genuinely curious.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I honestly don't care that much about ratings so I never read news about them. I know you say it's the standard for the industry, but is it for reporters too? Like, are big sites or publications still writing about live ratings or have they also switched to the "Live+" model. I'm genuinely curious.

Most news outlets report live ratings solely because they want to scoop everyone else.

Here's the thing though....the ratings being a success or failure depends on the yardstick each network uses. And it varies from channel to channel. If channel A counts Live+7, their Live+3 numbers would probably get a show cancelled on another network. Channel B might count Live+3 which is +150% of the reported Live ratings.

See what I'm saying? The networks now set their own standards for what is considered a success or failure.

The best example of this is probably "Westworld"....people were in the thread talking about "the ratings are bad, it's doing like 2 mill, it's gonna get cancelled"....then the real numbers came out (DVR, HBO GO, etc.) and it was averaging 11 mill per episode.

As you can see, same day numbers are basically meaningless in 2017.

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Most news outlets report live ratings solely because they want to scoop everyone else.

Here's the thing though....the ratings being a success or failure depends on the yardstick each network uses. And it varies from channel to channel. If channel A counts Live+7, their Live+3 numbers would probably get a show cancelled on another network. Channel B might count Live+3 which is +150% of the reported Live ratings.

See what I'm saying? The networks now set their own standards for what is considered a success or failure.

The best example of this is probably "Westworld"....people were in the thread talking about "the ratings are bad, it's doing like 2 mill, it's gonna get cancelled"....then the real numbers came out (DVR, HBO GO, etc.) and it was averaging 11 mill per episode.

As you can see, same day numbers are basically meaningless in 2017.

Fred.

I get Live ratings mean shyt nowadays, that's why I was curious to see if the reporting was still fixated on them because it feels dumb as fukk when stuff like streaming and DVR are more common than ever when it comes to watching TV shows.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I get Live ratings mean shyt nowadays, that's why I was curious to see if the reporting was still fixated on them because it feels dumb as fukk when stuff like streaming and DVR are more common than ever when it comes to watching TV shows.

If they do report the "real" numbers, it's like a week later. Virtually every news outlet still reports Live ratings the next day. Some habits are hard to break I guess.

Fred.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Another mob show? :heh: haven't we seen enough of those?

It will never happen because part of Gus' appeal is his mysterious background
It could be a slow build though, that would basically be cartel-related, but not cartel focused. The Gus character is dynamic in his scenes. A show centered around the Gus character would mainly be about navigating a savage atmosphere while trying to remain civilized. And how Gus' transition would mirror how Walter White broke bad, so to speak.

When Mike was in office with Lydia and she basically told Mike that Gus was more than a drug dealer...That can be explored more than just reducing the series as a "mob show."

• Dap
Status
Not open for further replies.