Louisiana/N.O music most slept on in rap history

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
This thread is like me saying 'NJ music most slept on', and then listing Queen Latifah, Treach, Artifacts, Rah Digga, Redman, The Sugarhill Gang, Lords of the Underground, Poor Righteous Teachers, The Fugees, etc.

Just because they don't mention your particular state/city, doesn't mean they don't recognize where the artists come from.

We know.​

:salute:

AVthaPHARAOH said:
But fa real that's prolly only cuz N.O. is usually lumped in with THE SOUTH as a whole. Kind of like how no one ever really specifically mentions Jersey rappers, but they're lumped in when you hear the words "East Coast". That doesn't make Jersey really slept on though, cuz any avid hip hop fan knows better.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Louisiana really changed the rap game.

1st with no limit

then with Cash money

Back that azz up started a nasty trend that still trending to this day.

But its no surprise, Louisiana has mad soul and culture... We just never get our props.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Louisiana really changed the rap game.

1st with no limit

then with Cash money

Back that azz up started a nasty trend that still trending to this day.

But its no surprise, Louisiana has mad soul and culture... We just never get our props.

they dont even mention yall when it comes to impact really imo smh

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
nope fiend up there my nikka i made sure i added him

yea atl up there but how many eras have they dominated ?
plus alot of they shyt be sounding the same
and alot of nikkas aint even from the A

yea i used to live in south florida...its alot of lowkey nikkas down there spitting...memphis too them boyz be droppin shyt too

yea i read thru the list too quick my fault thats why i edited my post, florida the state as a whole tho could be mentioned up there but what fukks us up is we really dont have any GOAT candidates yet (ross :youngsabo:) my listing would go like this

1) n.o
2) atl
3) h-town
4) memphis
5) miami

that to me thats what rounds out the south cuz every body else is really just satellites of those cities as far as hip hop music and sound... baton rouge to no, places like macon to atl, nashville to memphis etc. those 5 cities really orignated the sub-divsions of the 'sounds' that permeate

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNoZraRTqg]Geto Boys - Straight Gangstaism ( Dirty ) [ HD ] + Lyrics '' Full Screen '' - YouTube[/ame]

best geto boyz album

willie d had some HUGE shoes to fill, and dat Nawlins boi did the job well

who is that otha dude rapping? he wasnt on the album version

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Last edited by a moderator:

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
i came up listening to this shyt as a kid. my pops and older brother were always listening to no limit or cash money. then i remember getting boosie "for my thugz" in 8th grade :whew:. nikkas aint on his first 2 albums on here. he was young and was killing every song.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shiiiit I'm surprised OP didn't say Detroit. They most definitely got the most slept on rap scene. To me atleast