Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Dumbest sh*t ever.

One of the most influential DJ's during Hip Hop's genesis, in Cold Crush, was Charlie Chase. Who was Puerto Rican. He was the DUDE! Founding member of one of the most influential groups in all of Hip Hop. Bro was like the very first to ever start a convention for MC's. KRS is right. Hip Hop wasn't just discovered and pioneered by us. The Latin community was right there during the beginning, bringing in mad elements that would become staples in Hip Hop.

Lord Jamar has a history of saying the stupidest sh*t, while thinking he's schooling people. No credibility at all.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
i cut this nonsense off 1 min in when he spoke on DNA

black puertoricans been in Nyc since the 30s thas the DNA

he lied and only brught up soul and funk

what about the sounds of the carib? sobs?

debate over

@IllmaticDelta tagged u so u can post some mackalicious facts
Turned it off when it started with

“Yanadamean”

No. No i dont nadamean jamar.

This whole conversation is so tired. Guys fighting to say who started what and who wasnt there while its currently owned by record labels.

I thought it was “its not where ya from, its where ya at”.

Nyc hip hop … by statute of nyc being the most multicultural place on earth… has many influences. Black. Brown. Even White.

I find it all to be low hanging fruit.

Last edited:

Crumple

All Star
Daps

I hear that. But I feel hip hop is more "American" music.

Like there's Barbados and Jamaican influence in terms of background but I feel what WAS chosen in terms of sound for hip hop was perfect and done right. Even what Jamar says about Jamaican influence.

The slow roots reggae sound, mcing, "selecta" dj influence - more so than calypso - mixed with soul and funk I feel that's what led to the golden era sound.

I do feel Spanish and white influence was there.
Spanish in terms of possibly break dancing and white in terms of UK, punk rock independence, "noise", and sampled artists like Bob James.

Greats like Ghostface acknowledge this.

Watch me get aired out here because anything I say regarding race does.

But there's some melting pot mix, and American synergy I feel about the origin of hip hop sound. But even that - yes, credibility does go to ppl from Barbados and Jamaica that innovated and created the artform.

I do believe Spanish ppl did influence the origins.
Partially.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wild part is lard jamar Been saying hip-hop started with kool hercs party in 73

that building and copies of that party flyer have been immortalized

there is video of brand nubian paying homage to kool herc for giving him a platform to get this money and put on for the culture

he just a damn follower

take the hip-hop museum and rip it down and put it where tariq live since he wanna follow that girfter

and KRS-One came out before him!!

KRS was in the shelters as a 13 year old seeing it happen

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Again. There's a difference between creating something and participating and contributing to it. Puerto Ricans didn't create hip hop. Hip hop was created by blacks. But they did participate and contribute to it. And like I said. That doesn't diminish their contributions. Damn near all forms of modern American music. Started as black music.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I hear that. But I feel hip hop is more "American" music.

Like there's Barbados and Jamaican influence in terms of background but I feel what WAS chosen in terms of sound for hip hop was perfect and done right. Even what Jamar says about Jamaican influence.

The slow roots reggae sound, mcing, "selecta" dj influence - more so than calypso - mixed with soul and funk I feel that's what led to the golden era sound.

I do feel Spanish and white influence was there.
Spanish in terms of possibly break dancing and white in terms of UK, punk rock independence, "noise", and sampled artists like Bob James.

Greats like Ghostface acknowledge this.

Watch me get aired out here because anything I say regarding race does.

But there's some melting pot mix, and American synergy I feel about the origin of hip hop sound. But even that - yes, credibility does go to ppl from Barbados and Jamaica that innovated and created the artform.

I do believe Spanish ppl did influence the origins.
Partially.
Man, you are white, this debate /cypher is not for you so begone and listen to some kid rock and eminem..shoe off.