Looking for a good Runnin/Jogging shoe, which brand is the best one?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
ASICS are good for long distance to me. Nike presto reacts is what I wear now got some good miles on them comfortable shoe. Hoka are good but more so better for hiking or running on a trail.

Are you running on a treadmill, neighborhoods, or parks?

@Ed MOTHEREFFING G welcome back :blessed: you had 10 years in the pen you was a avid running before that bid If my memory correct what kicks you rocking now that you out of the cell?
I run 3-5 days a week still, rain or shine.

My main is the Mizuno Wave Inspire 17. It is by far the best shoe ive ever run in. Wide toe box, and it has a deep 12mm drop which i prefer to protect a weak ankle. Its a stability shoe but has nice cushion and comfort compared to others.

in rain i use the Pegasus 37 Shield. We get a lot of it in seattle so these are a requirement lol. The pegasus is about as good as it gets from Nike, has a 10mm drop so still good.

previously ive run heavy in the Mizuno Wave Horizon 4, which is a ofter / more mid version of the Inspire, the Hoka One One Graviota which is the softest most spongy stability shoe you will ever wear. I put like 300 miles on them, but they have less ankle protection so i moved to Mizuno. I have a sports medicine doctor and laser molded inserts now because of :sadcam: ankles lol

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Been searching, not sure what is the right one :jbhmm:

Jogging brehs, which would you prefer?

I preferably want FILA shoes, but I'm open to anything

Hoka (Clifton, Bondi)
New Balance (1080)
Saucony (a lot to choose from)
Brooks (Ghost)
Asics (Novablast)

look at those if you are trying to keep it simple and just do some basic runs.

Nike runs wayyyyyyyy too narrow for most people and the premium price will turn a lot of people away. But most good running shoes are $100 easily.

Don’t spend below that because you won’t get the best foam technology. Right now running shoes are reeeeeeally focused on dense, but lighter foam (less rubber, more foam) since that stuff is stronger now.

Go to a running shop and try some stuff on. They usually have great return policies.

Make sure you size up since your foot will expand on the run. If the feel is snug when you try it on then it’s too tight. And wear socks you’d typically run in to the store.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Been searching, not sure what is the right one :jbhmm:

Jogging brehs, which would you prefer?

I preferably want FILA shoes, but I'm open to anything
Heres my thoughts

• IF you have ankle or knee problems (bow, flat feet, bad heels)
    • Avoid most nikes other than the zoom structure
    • Consider the Mizuno Wave Horizon 4 (see above), the Brooks Adrenaline GTS, or Saucony Guide iso
  • If you do not have any ankle or knee problems
    • The world is yours...the nike zoom odyssey, Pegasus, and Alpha fly are apparently dope. Ive run in the odyssey and its great but not stable enough

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Hoka (Clifton, Bondi)
New Balance (1080)
Saucony (a lot to choose from)
Brooks (Ghost)
Asics (Novablast)

look at those if you are trying to keep it simple and just do some basic runs.

Nike runs wayyyyyyyy too narrow for most people and the premium price will turn a lot of people away. But most good running shoes are $100 easily.

Don’t spend below that because you won’t get the best foam technology. Right now running shoes are reeeeeeally focused on dense, but lighter foam (less rubber, more foam) since that stuff is stronger now.

Go to a running shop and try some stuff on. They usually have great return policies.

Make sure you size up since your foot will expand on the run. If the feel is snug when you try it on then it’s too tight. And wear socks you’d typically run in to the store.

Heres my thoughts

• IF you have ankle or knee problems (bow, flat feet, bad heels)
    • Avoid most nikes other than the zoom structure
    • Consider the Mizuno Wave Horizon 4 (see above), the Brooks Adrenaline GTS, or Saucony Guide iso
  • If you do not have any ankle or knee problems
    • The world is yours...the nike zoom odyssey, Pegasus, and Alpha fly are apparently dope. Ive run in the odyssey and its great but not stable enough

Brooks Adrenaline
20BROMDRNLNGTS21GMNS_Black_Black

Brooks Ghost

21BROMGHST14BLKBLMNS_Black_Black

Wow both look amazing :noah::noah::noah::noah::noah:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
@Ed MOTHEREFFING G
@Michael's Black Son

I also Jump Rope alot. Can I use the same shoes to jump rope with? Or is that not a good idea?
Well, not sure i could say because i’m not sure what makes a good or a bad shoe to jump rope with. Id say theyre more narrow than a cross trainer inherently, and dont have impact/high ankle support, it has lateral/rolling ankle support. I wouldnt be scar3d to jumprope in them but if its a main workout of yours, id ask someone who does

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I run 3-5 days a week still, rain or shine.

My main is the Mizuno Wave Inspire 17. It is by far the best shoe ive ever run in. Wide toe box, and it has a deep 12mm drop which i prefer to protect a weak ankle. Its a stability shoe but has nice cushion and comfort compared to others.

in rain i use the Pegasus 37 Shield. We get a lot of it in seattle so these are a requirement lol. The pegasus is about as good as it gets from Nike, has a 10mm drop so still good.

previously ive run heavy in the Mizuno Wave Horizon 4, which is a ofter / more mid version of the Inspire, the Hoka One One Graviota which is the softest most spongy stability shoe you will ever wear. I put like 300 miles on them, but they have less ankle protection so i moved to Mizuno. I have a sports medicine doctor and laser molded inserts now because of :sadcam: ankles lol
Thanks