Looking back on it Heroes was a dumb show

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Season 3 as a whole was not a bad season...it was just the first half of season 3 (seix episodes actually) that got people all up in arms. ABC decided to break season 3 up into two halves: a 6 episode run in the fall and then the rest of the episodes at the start of the new year.
Those 6 episodes in the fall were dreadful. They introduced the completely unnecessary characters of Nikki and Paolo, dragged out the Jack/Kate/Sawyer being held by The Others stuff with a little too much emphasis on Kate and Sawyer's romantic relationship, and killed one of the more interesting characters on the show in Mr. Eko (which I know was the actor's decision to leave but it still sucked).
The show turned things around in the second half of the season though but those first 6 episodes had the show looking :flabbynsick:

Yeah, I read about ABC splitting that season up. But since I didn't have to wait week to week to watch the episodes and I'm a Sawyer/Kate shipper, I enjoyed the hell out of those 6 episodes.

But overall Season 3 of "Lost" was definitely better than Season 1 of "Heroes". I mean just compare the finales for them. That Heroes Season 1 finale was a disappointing failure. While the Lost Season 3 finale was Epic, emotional, surprising, and set up the next season beautifully.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Season 1 was dope, it was so dope I had to consider between heroes and 24 what to watch live.

Like prison break it fell the hell off.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah, I read about ABC splitting that season up. But since I didn't have to wait week to week to watch the episodes and I'm a Sawyer/Kate shipper, I enjoyed the hell out of those 6 episodes.

But overall Season 3 of "Lost" was definitely better than Season 1 of "Heroes". I mean just compare the finales for them. That Heroes Season 1 finale was a disappointing failure. While the Lost Season 3 finale was Epic, emotional, surprising, and set up the next season beautifully.

I always found the romantic aspect of Lost to be the weakest part of the show and it was alwys the worst with Kate and Sawyer.

And I agree that the season 1 finale for Heroes was disappointing. I think that was around the time that the showrunners made the decision to not follow thier original plan of having the second season focus on new characters and instead started treating the popular season 1 characters as sacred cows.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
yea they got gassed (like LOST) and started doing way too much. a couple more seasons and everybody in the world would have had a power.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
the worse thing to me was killing off of all the interesting characters until there was really nobody left

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I always found the romantic aspect of Lost to be the weakest part of the show and it was alwys the worst with Kate and Sawyer.

How was Kate & Sawyer the worst? At least they had chemistry. Jack & Kate didn't have that & was forced. But what was a laughable couple was Sayid & Shannon.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How was Kate & Sawyer the worst? At least they had chemistry. Jack & Kate didn't have that & was forced. But what was a laughable couple was Sayid & Shannon.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

I didn't see any chemistry between Kate and either guy and all three characters seemed diminished in their various couplings.
I did think Sawyer and Juliet had pretty decent chemistry. Come to thnk of it Juliet haddecent chemistry with Jack too. maybe it was all Kate's fault that the triangle was such a bore.

And I agree with you that Shannon/Sayid was retarded.