Looking back on it Heroes was a dumb show

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't see how i was ever really heavy into it. i can't remember who it was but we had a poster that defended that show to its dying breath back on the :hamster:.

i never even watched the final half of the last season. shyt was unbelievably garbage when T-Bag from prison break (don't even get me started on how garbage that show was dope concept but once they broke out of prison, the first time, shyt had nowhere to go kept locking nikkas back up so they could rebreak out) joined the show on some evil circus family shyt.

i remember the budget would never let Slyer and Peter go at it in a real fight they they wrote out some of Peter's powers to make it easier to deal with. hell the whole season 3 was comically bad too. Slyer being lead on by momma Petrelli and the dad being the big bad.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
??????????

name a better show about people with powers?

_curb_

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CALI
1st season was piff. a lot of nerds were pissed at that finale tho... a little anticlamatic.
they kepts saying hiro was gonna just stab sylar and thats exactly what happened lol

1x20_9thWonders_final_issue_02.jpg

2nd season gets a pass. they went through the writers strike.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The first season was good but the wrtiers caved to fan pressure instead of sticking to their guns and letting the show and the characters grow organically.
I still the first sign that the show was in mid-jump over that shark was when they pussied out and let Sylar live in the first season finale.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I watched all 4 seasons on Blu-ray about a year & a half ago. Season 1 was good shyt. Seasons 2 & 3 we're a drop off in quality, but still entertaining. Season 4 was HOT GARBAGE! That last season turned me off so much, I sold off my Heroes Blu-ray season sets on eBay at a discount.

I finally watched "Lost" this past April-June, knowing that "Lost" and "Heroes" were often compared to each other when they were on. nikka......EVERY season of "Lost" is better than Season 1 of "Heroes".

We're people really that down on Lost during season 3 (which is personal favorite season along with season 4) that they thought Heroes was a better show? :SMH:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
We're people really that down on Lost during season 3 (which is personal favorite season along with season 4) that they thought Heroes was a better show? :SMH:

Season 3 as a whole was not a bad season...it was just the first half of season 3 (seix episodes actually) that got people all up in arms. ABC decided to break season 3 up into two halves: a 6 episode run in the fall and then the rest of the episodes at the start of the new year.
Those 6 episodes in the fall were dreadful. They introduced the completely unnecessary characters of Nikki and Paolo, dragged out the Jack/Kate/Sawyer being held by The Others stuff with a little too much emphasis on Kate and Sawyer's romantic relationship, and killed one of the more interesting characters on the show in Mr. Eko (which I know was the actor's decision to leave but it still sucked).
The show turned things around in the second half of the season though but those first 6 episodes had the show looking :flabbynsick:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
looking back? i knew that shyt was stupid from jump.

then again i was a LOST stan, so :to:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That show was always had so much potential but it never lived up to it, from a non fanboy point of view the first season was decent and but the second season was dreadful and I stopped watching before the season was even over.
I will admit I kept it with it via GameFAQs thread but from the previews featuring t-bag it looked like hot garbage.