LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I listened to this album last friday on my way to TJ's(that was closed for good yesterday). LL is back. In my opinion, this is his 2nd or 3rd best album since 2000. I got it behind GOAT and right there with 10. It's possibly better than 10 though.

Last edited:

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
shyt crazy I sent this to my uncles who came up on DMC and LL and neither of them had interest. The nerd uncle was even on some “I ain’t trying to hear that old shyt, he rap like 1980” 😂 then my homie who swear he got ears for hip hop smh I seen this kid grow up lol loving hip hop he ain’t even check the shyt just to hear a legend in 2024.
That shyt hurt me musically

Had me saying damn this why I can’t leave the coliseum
Their loss. I'm an old head that being said I always respected LL but it also came with a side of hate since I was huge Kane fan. The who was better Stan wars between Kane Rakim Krs and LL was just as polarizing as the Nas Jay Z Stan wars of today..

This album is fukking fire and I don't think Kane Rakim KRS or anyone from that era could make an album this good now. Maybe Ra. This album is a classic and cements in my mind LL's case for GOAT imo

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
So I don't if this has already been discussed but could the first line in spirit of Cyrus have a corelation to Chris dorner.... with a double meaning of course (L being rumored to play him in a movie back in the day)

If that line does mean that.... L is dope :francis:
Somebody mentioned that they think it was in reference

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
That album was a snooze fest musically

Yeah, I was interested when I heard the first song they dropped but after listening to that album I was like “nah this ain’t it”

I don’t like how Common raps now, it’s like he’s rapping behind the beat or almost like he just learned how to rap and the beats just sounded sleepy

Superstar
Daps
I love this!

And I'm glad he addressed this. At some point, people started acting like they were ashamed to say they were rappers. It was the weirdest sh*t in the world to me. You still see people trying to not wear the title. But saying you're an MC has always been the dopest thing to me.

:mjlol:
THIS lol! shyt be killing me. “I’m not a rapper, I’m a trapper…”, “I ain’t one of these rap nikkas…”, etc. like you’re literally saying that in a verse… YOU’RE A RAPPER!

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Was listening to Sirius XM and he said at some point there would be a digital release with more songs, but then he said the songs would be in the vein of Proclivity as he wanted to keep the album more hardcore hip hop.

I like Proclivities fine but not sure if that is good or bad news!
man thats good news. we're talking atcq and LL

can you imagine hey lover or 6 minutes with qtip at the helm?