LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Speaking directly to Hov and Andre. Hov needs to carve out a few days to hop in the studio with Just, and Andre can leave his flute at home next time he hangs out with big boi.
Hov is a billionaire. Not much to say to him. It’s probably more people that know LL the actor than the rapper these days.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get why some people might dislike the production but I love it. It's throwback but not in a way people might expect. It's not Tribe meets 80s/90s Def Jam. It's throwback as in like...1970s shyt, but not a lot of soul samples. Recognized the Gary Numan sample on Proclivities. You can hear 70s Herbie Hancock on there, and Can. I don't remember the last time I heard a Can sample on a rap song. Gotta be something after Kanye did it on Graduation but I don't remember. Point being a lot of this feels like the type of shyt someone might have listened to in the lead up towards rap being invented/acknowledged.

Havent peeped majority of the project , but are u sayin it takes more elemnts from what alot of white kids refer to as "breakbeat" from similar samples and elemnts of that vibe

Last edited:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was listening to Sirius XM and he said at some point there would be a digital release with more songs, but then he said the songs would be in the vein of Proclivity as he wanted to keep the album more hardcore hip hop.

I like Proclivities fine but not sure if that is good or bad news!

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
shyt crazy I sent this to my uncles who came up on DMC and LL and neither of them had interest. The nerd uncle was even on some “I ain’t trying to hear that old shyt, he rap like 1980” 😂 then my homie who swear he got ears for hip hop smh I seen this kid grow up lol loving hip hop he ain’t even check the shyt just to hear a legend in 2024.
That shyt hurt me musically

Had me saying damn this why I can’t leave the coliseum