Lizzy Caplan and Joshua Jackson star in Fatal Attraction limited series based on Glenn Close/Michael Douglas movie

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Hmm . . . don't think this needs a remake but interesting trailer. Is it possible the roles are reversed for the show the guy is obsessed and batshyt Crazy?
The Lifetime network was built from over a 1000 different versions of this concept. In college, we use to randomly turn to the Lifetime channel and see if we could guess the male antagonist in 60 secs. Lifetime didn't make it difficult.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Love the original, Adrian Lyne has three classics and is one of my favorite directors, just off those four

Fatal Attraction
9 1/5 Weeks
Indecent Proposal
Unfaithful

lately been (maybe naively) disillusioned with so much of streaming's offerings, they are so cheap, and bland, all the edges and grit shaved off, they look and feel like Lifetime movies, and that's not even the Lifetime esque shows. They all do. But, I like Jackson, like Caplan, and can check this out. I didn't watch but the American Gigolo remake did a similar plot twist, I tend to think shows should update the themes and not chop up the actual concept too much, but I am open to trying this.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Love the original, Adrian Lyne has three classics and is one of my favorite directors, just off those four

Fatal Attraction
9 1/5 Weeks
Indecent Proposal
Unfaithful

lately been (maybe naively) disillusioned with so much of streaming's offerings, they are so cheap, and bland, all the edges and grit shaved off, they look and feel like Lifetime movies, and that's not even the Lifetime esque shows. They all do. But, I like Jackson, like Caplan, and can check this out. I didn't watch but the American Gigolo remake did a similar plot twist, I tend to think shows should update the themes and not chop up the actual concept too much, but I am open to trying this.

He did Jacob's Ladder too, one of the most underrated horror movies ever...huge influence on the Silent Hill franchise

I dunno about this though. It seems kinda beneath Caplan tbh. A streaming remake of a movie from the 80's costarring Pacey? Eh.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Always thought Jackson was talented, and I always liked Dawsons Creek, so I see him as a solid lead, it's more the tone/production values that would deter me. Kinda like Yellowjackets, great premise, great cast, great acting, but it's directed and shot so bare bones, it lacks an aesthetic.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
When you go over your mistress studio apartment to tell her to chill, letting her ride you like a bronco bull at the fair probably not the way you convey that message. :snoop:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There are some good things about this, and would like to finish all the episodes

Caplan and Jackson's performances are great. Not sure about the chemistry. The set design isn't always perfect, but it's not Netflix third tier cheapness. Like some of the music.

The cliches are maybe too many. The daughter. The best friend. The show was at it's strongest when it's at it's simplest. The twists and turns which is what audiences seem to want and expect pull the show away from it's strongest moments.

daemonova

Daps
we do sell the product she's talking about in America by the way, its called Jello.

daemonova

Daps
You got a lot of problems.

Not being able to click with a psychiatrist in Cali ain't a reason to go batshiet.

Yes, sometimes ppl being d!cks is all it takes for a conspiracy