Living in Jamaica - not in an expensive city

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this. they don't have it as good as we have it up here. they are backwards.

They don't have our luxuries,, but I wouldn't consider them backwards. Some would consider you're lifestyle backwards.

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
Im from Ja (Clarendon) and I have fam in Westmoreland, St Elizabeth, Mandeville, Spanish Town and Kingston. I hope to move back but I would only consider Mandeville cause thats were my girl is from. The plan I had was to stay in contact with fam down there and have a car shipped down eventually but I was told to just buy a car down there and build my own house on the land my fam owns. If you aint from there I dont suggest moving there, the culture shock and safety is concerning

:duck:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I thought that nikkas getting chopped up shyt was a stereotype. Plus I've practiced MA for long time, been to war n shyt have weapons training, etc.. and most importantly Im from this place called east detroit. So I figured I would be ok. I guess that shyt may not mean anything down there - I'll prolly look like Yung berg to them nikka.

:snoop:

Whats wrong with you?

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
It all depends how you wanna live man.... I don't think island life is that hard to adjust too.

What's good about the Bahamas?

And do you know anything about Brazil? or P.R?

I wouldn't recommend Bahamas, this is reverse to my tourism thread where I defended it. (good to visit) OK, the same out islands I been braggin on being beautiful. Aint much jobs for non-locals, unless you have family or a biz connect lined up beforehand. Nassau and Freeport the wolves would be on ya, plus it's hard for non locals to get jobs (from what I've heard). You have to realize the locals are wary of foreigners, as we have a heavy Haitian and Jamaican influx, so they tryna save the jobs for Bahamians. Chinese are there doing major work, and from what I heard, they got a lot of big contracts for construction.

As a male you can't marry a Bahamian woman and get ya papers straight, it only works for females marry local males (that law is on the books to be changed soon tho.)

BUT if you wanted to rent a lil apartment for $500-600, buy a lil move-tru (hooptie), or catch the jitney every day and stay low-key, work under the table. It could be done. Import-export is huge, as we don't really manufacture anything besides beer, rum, and local farming.

Would you be happy there? I dunno... A ton of Canadians move there tho, but they are in the Commonwealth like us.

Unlike Jamaica, or Costa Rica where you could live in the country at peace and drive to the hot spots, The Bahamas is seperated into many islands. If you live on a boring safe island, that's it. Or you in Nassau (which is our Kingston)

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What type of culture shock are you guys talking about? But OP, why not somewhere like Brazil or Costa Rica?

Culture shock is very real and even Jamaicans who grew up in Jamaica and have been away for a while, also get caught in it, simply because they have been used to a certain lifestyle.

Culture shock can be avoided, if you know first hand what you going into and prepare for it.

-Things like taking 2 hours just to open a bank account, as well as needing your blood type, your first born and your soul along with other important information :snoop:
- Customer service is non-existent to minimal. It is improving, but some things you see, like customers being chewed out, will hit a bit harder if you are not used to it.
- Following rules and order is all up in the air for some regards. People driving like they have no sense, gays prostituting in close proximity to police stations, payment of taxes, cirvumventing the system to your own advantage, etc etc
- The aggressiveness of the people. Its dog eat dog and some people cant handle it. Sometimes you have to act like a wild animal to get what you want.

Thats just some of the stuff off the top of my head. I remember a homie came down from the Bay area to visit me and he went to order pan chicken :ninja1: The chicken man went off on a rampage with him, I swear the dude was ready to put his tails between his legs and run home. But he said it was the most real experience he ever had and has been back multiple times and is now in the mix like a true yardie. Even telling people suck their mothers like some badman :flabbynsick:

On the other hand, once you adapt and find your niche, it can be a great experience

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
I thought that nikkas getting chopped up shyt was a stereotype. Plus I've practiced MA for long time, been to war n shyt have weapons training, etc.. and most importantly Im from this place called east detroit. So I figured I would be ok. I guess that shyt may not mean anything down there - I'll prolly look like Yung berg to them nikka.

East Detroit? nikka you wouldn't move to liberty city

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
East Detroit? nikka you wouldn't move to liberty city

ok. I would.. but it doesn't matter, it's not like I'm going around searching for the roughest areas in the world, lol. I have reasons for the moves I make.

I'm sure you can't image how many liberty cities detroit has. But carry on...

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
ok. I would.. but it doesn't matter, it's not like I'm going around searching for the roughest areas in the world, lol. I have reasons for the moves I make.

I'm sure you can't image how many liberty cities detroit has. But carry on...

Do east Detroit has a 3rd world mentality? Not praising that just saying

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
this. they don't have it as good as we have it up here. they are backwards.
Backwards? Only things thats backwards is the hole in your boxer shorts faggit. You havnt left your room let alone the country. Speak on what you know, like how to get shyt stains out of sheets.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Backwards? Only things thats backwards is the hole in your boxer shorts faggit. You havnt left your room let alone the country. Speak on what you know, like how to get shyt stains out of sheets.

man, i'd smack the shyt out of you if you ever said that to my face, you dumbfukk.

you can check the stamps in my passport, family photos and etc if you want proof. i have family down there and that's where my family is from, you fukking idiot and i go there from time to time. bytch, you better watch your fukking mouth or you will become your screenname for real with a broken jaw and your teeth down your throat, you failed abortion. i'll do what your mother should have done to you in the womb if you don't back the fukk away with me. don't see how my sexual orientation has anything to do with the thread and why you would even mention it to get a response out of me. trust me, i'm outside and go anywhere i please. don't make the mistake of getting me twisted for something else and getting your ass kicked in the process.

don't ever address me like that in your life, you fukking twat.