Living in Jamaica - not in an expensive city

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I thought that nikkas getting chopped up shyt was a stereotype. Plus I've practiced MA for long time, been to war n shyt have weapons training, etc.. and most importantly Im from this place called east detroit. So I figured I would be ok. I guess that shyt may not mean anything down there - I'll prolly look like Yung berg to them nikka.

This nikka got stripes...sound like B.A. Baracus off the strength of this post :salute:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm Jamaican by birth

Kingston is pricey for good areas

Clarendon, bogwalk

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Not that it should matter but...

whats the racial make up of Ecuador and is our money worth a lot there?

Not sure about racial makeup as far as updated stats but 70% minimum will be the Latin Americans themselves. Money wise though, they use the US dollar but things are much cheaper. My fiance's uncle made the move from here to Ecuador last year. Dude does not plan to come back (only for our wedding next month and then he's gone.) Pictures he sent were :ohlawd: and lives off like a 1G or less a month, lol.

Check this article out too: Americans Find Their Retirement Paradise ... in Ecuador - ABC News

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'll post some spots when i get home :myman:

Not sure about racial makeup as far as updated stats but 70% minimum will be the Latin Americans themselves. Money wise though, they use the US dollar but things are much cheaper. My fiance's uncle made the move from here to Ecuador last year. Dude does not plan to come back (only for our wedding next month and then he's gone.) Pictures he sent were :ohlawd: and lives off like a 1G or less a month, lol.

Check this article out too: Americans Find Their Retirement Paradise ... in Ecuador - ABC News

:blessed:

I might seem ignorant thinking that only the US uses Dollars. I will check out article.. because the DETROIT won't be on my profile soon enough.

Slang

Slang
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
nikka dont move there lol

you gotta be born there to consider living

and i mean born as in having family that live down there

you gonna get robbed

Tons of white people lookin at you like :rudy:, go to mo bay and the condos they are building by the airport, and revisit this thread.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
If you have a career and can support yourself there comfortable I dont see why not

In my travels i realized a lot of american live in the following countries

• Costa Rica <-- A LOT. You'd be surprised
  • Haiti
  • Bahamas
  • Panama <--A lot

Just look up expats in the countries and you'll see. The age of Americans feeling the good ol' U.S.A. is the only place to be are ending

I'm Jamaican by birth

Kingston is pricey for good areas

Clarendon, bogwalk

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta
My homeboys who are jamaican all tell me Kingston was dangerous. Things have been changing in recent years but still not safe to wander around in most parts. Is that an accurate statement?

Battle Beast

Over 9000!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jerz
Santa Cruz and Mandeville have always been low cost with friendly people, plus they got some nice women around that way too.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Please advise.
Considering a change. Everyone I know is clueless even my Main who is Jamaican and has been there madd times.

How much is the cost of living there per year on average - if you're not staying in a place on Kingston's level?

Are things more expensive?

Can I go there and live large or are things inflated?

Average cost of a two bedroom apartment in a decent neighborhood?

Just a quick search 88k on the beach and you are safe :myman:

Bahamas Real Estate on Exumas in Palm Bay Beach Club, Villa 201

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
Im from Ja (Clarendon) and I have fam in Westmoreland, St Elizabeth, Mandeville, Spanish Town and Kingston. I hope to move back but I would only consider Mandeville cause thats were my girl is from. The plan I had was to stay in contact with fam down there and have a car shipped down eventually but I was told to just buy a car down there and build my own house on the land my fam owns. If you aint from there I dont suggest moving there, the culture shock and safety is concerning

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Im from Ja (Clarendon) and I have fam in Westmoreland, St Elizabeth, Mandeville, Spanish Town and Kingston. I hope to move back but I would only consider Mandeville cause thats were my girl is from. The plan I had was to stay in contact with fam down there and have a car shipped down eventually but I was told to just buy a car down there and build my own house on the land my fam owns. If you aint from there I dont suggest moving there, the culture shock and safety is concerning

What type of culture shock are you guys talking about? But OP, why not somewhere like Brazil or Costa Rica?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please advise.
Considering a change. Everyone I know is clueless even my Main who is Jamaican and has been there madd times.

How much is the cost of living there per year on average - if you're not staying in a place on Kingston's level?

Are things more expensive?

Can I go there and live large or are things inflated?

Average cost of a two bedroom apartment in a decent neighborhood?

It's going to be culture shock unless your willing to accept things for what they are :yeshrug::yeshrug: A lot of Americans come down, adapt and integrate and are more Jamaican than some of those who left the country 10, 20 years ago and aint been back since :wtb:

Cost of living can essentially be the same as any North American city, but it can be cheaper as well, it really depends on how you living.

Take $1500 as a starting point. You will be able to live in a nice part of the city if you willing to shell out $550-$800 for rent. Then by the time you add in a car payment $300/month for a 2010 car :yeshrug: you have whatever else for food, bills and entertainment. That isn't much, especially if you spending so much on rent. However you have more to spend, then

1010433_598812313477384_369703881_n.jpg

if all else fail, move to the country, cheaper living, less noise, pollution, crime etc etc

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka dont move there lol

you gotta be born there to consider living

and i mean born as in having family that live down there

you gonna get robbed

this. they don't have it as good as we have it up here. they are backwards.