Live video: George Zimmerman Trial - jury selection, trial, verdict, eye rolling

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Trayvon was a minor and gz used a gun so manslaughter would be basically just as big a W as 2nd degree. Especially considering how close this case is. It's honestly a toss up whether he gets off (acquittal or mistrial) or convicted. Obviously I'm hoping he gets time and justice is served but I'm not too naive to see how close this is.

Christie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL (Winter Park Area)
ALWAYS........ALWAYS look at the minimum even in cases like this where the cac gets the guilty verdict....

George Zimmerman is 29 yearss old and you "ain't mad at it" if he gets 25 years?

These dumb white bytches are pissing me off that the skipped over second degree murder. Never fails to surprise me

A manslaughter conviction could bring up to a 30 year prison sentence assuming the jury makes a "special finding" that a gun was an "essential element" of the crime. If the jury does not make a "special finding," his sentence would likely be between 10 to 15 years.

Nooooooo 10-15?

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Then again i just realized.....if he does get the guilty verdict, it could also be one of those other cases of the family months later filing a civil case and he gets more years tacked on.....

especially with florida not having parole so it may work out....

but come on you white women......just go with second degree murder.......is that too much to ask? god damn it

Civil case doesn't sentence people breh, they can sue him for wrongful death or something like that. The Goldman family did that on OJ

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ALWAYS........ALWAYS look at the minimum even in cases like this where the cac gets the guilty verdict....

George Zimmerman is 29 yearss old and you "ain't mad at it" if he gets 25 years?

These dumb white bytches are pissing me off that the skipped over second degree murder. Never fails to surprise me

A manslaughter conviction could bring up to a 30 year prison sentence assuming the jury makes a "special finding" that a gun was an "essential element" of the crime. If the jury does not make a "special finding," his sentence would likely be between 10 to 15 years.

I know, I thought about this last night that he will be in his mid 50's when he gets out, but it is what it is. Plus, that is a GOOD portion of your life gone, and he may get taken care of in prison. But, it's not something I can control. Again, I think he should be doing life.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank God they at least had that one Black/Hispanic woman on the jury. :ohlawd:

She wasn't going to allow Zimmerman to walk.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
His supporters will keep sending him money if they think he's some kind of victim of a tyrannical government. Most of his supporters are anti- government anyway.

That's true but I don't think it will be enough for his fees. That hook nose lawyer of his said, "we have to take depositions after the trial". Dude is going to be in the red. If he gets off, he might do interviews, books and film rights smh. I'm anxious to see FRUITVALE. I have to wonder, was releasing that film around verdict time a strategy? I doubt it, seeing the release date was set. but still

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
That's true but I don't think it will be enough for his fees. That hook nose lawyer of his said, "we have to take depositions after the trial". Dude is going to be in the red. If he gets off, he might do interviews, books and film rights smh. I'm anxious to see FRUITVALE. I have to wonder, was releasing that film around verdict time a strategy? I doubt it, seeing the release date was set. but still

You forget about a civil case coming out of this either way. The Martin Family will be getting paid