Live Action "Powerpuff Girls" In development over at CW!

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
script and another paste colored mixed chick being "black" representation :camby:

Why do Mayor and Ms. Bellum remind me of you and me?
e4fde3f2cf0bd3d01a8212eb58cb940d.png

:patrice:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
CW Boss: Powerpuff Pilot Came In 'Too Campy,' Will Go Back to Drawing Board
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 25 2021, 11:02 AM PDT

“Sometimes things miss, and this was just a miss,” CW Chairman & CEO Mark Pedowitz told TVLine during a Tuesday conference call. “We believe in the cast completely, we believe in Diablo [Cody] and Heather [Regnier], the writers, and we believe in the auspices of [executive producer] Greg Berlanti and Warner [Bros.] Studios. In this case, the pilot didn’t work. But because we see enough elements in there, we’re going to give it another shot. We didn’t want to go forward with what we had.”

Powerpuff stars Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Chloe Bennet, Descendants‘ Dove Cameron, Broadway vet Yana Perrault and Scrubs‘ Donald Faison as, respectively, Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup and Professor Utonium.

Asked by TVLine how exactly the first crack at a pilot came up short, Pedowitz said, “Tonally, it might have felt a little too campy. It didn’t feel as rooted in reality as it might have. But again, you learn things when you test things out. And in this case, we felt like, ‘Let’s take a step back and go back to the drawing board.'”

As the network boss noted, “This is a powerful property, it has engaged a lot of interest, and we want to get it right before we put it out.”
Ie: Not enough love triangles for CW:russ:
Or melodramatic bullshyt:mjlol:
IYKYK :dead:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
CW Boss: Powerpuff Pilot Came In 'Too Campy,' Will Go Back to Drawing Board
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 25 2021, 11:02 AM PDT

“Sometimes things miss, and this was just a miss,” CW Chairman & CEO Mark Pedowitz told TVLine during a Tuesday conference call. “We believe in the cast completely, we believe in Diablo [Cody] and Heather [Regnier], the writers, and we believe in the auspices of [executive producer] Greg Berlanti and Warner [Bros.] Studios. In this case, the pilot didn’t work. But because we see enough elements in there, we’re going to give it another shot. We didn’t want to go forward with what we had.”

Powerpuff stars Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Chloe Bennet, Descendants‘ Dove Cameron, Broadway vet Yana Perrault and Scrubs‘ Donald Faison as, respectively, Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup and Professor Utonium.

Asked by TVLine how exactly the first crack at a pilot came up short, Pedowitz said, “Tonally, it might have felt a little too campy. It didn’t feel as rooted in reality as it might have. But again, you learn things when you test things out. And in this case, we felt like, ‘Let’s take a step back and go back to the drawing board.'”

As the network boss noted, “This is a powerful property, it has engaged a lot of interest, and we want to get it right before we put it out.”

How could this have gotten into production with this script and not be campy? Did he not actually read the script?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I’m surprised it took this long.

Powerpuff is officially powered down.

A live-action take on the Powerpuff Girls is no longer being redeveloped at The CW, TVLine has confirmed. The same goes for the Arrowverse offshoot Justice U, a female-led Zorro series, Jake Chang (which was to be based on a new-ish Archie Comics character), or any other prospective series left over from former CW president Mark Pedowitz’s regime.

“We’ve already given those back to the studios,” Brad Schwartz, The CW’s President of Entertainment, told TVLine after the network’s Thursday morning Upfront presentation, “so they’re free to develop those and sell them anywhere.”