Liu Kang vs. Reptile is a CLASSIC fight scene

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why was this never made?

It had a mix of the 90's campyness with a more modern grunge.

Missed opportunity

That web series we got instead was low budget garbage.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
When you heard "REPTILE!", I was only 11 but I swear to gawd I've never heard a theatre since then wild out so much. I thought they'd tear down the cinema.
When Shao Khan said Reptile literally everyone in my theatre jumped up and shouted:banderas:. We were also loud as fukk during the whole Scorpion vs Johnny Cage fight, when he was kicking Cage while he was on the ground:pachaha:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
ea4ynVc.jpg

Me seeing that for the first time: "What the fukk was that?!? :wtf:"

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Which Sonya was better though...

I actually like both of them but....it's clearly the Original (Bridgette Wilson) >>> Sequel (Sandra Hess)

OG Sonya really had you believing that she would go to the ends of the earth to get the man that off-screen killed her partner...:wow: She only actually got 1 fight (2 if you include that short minion melee) but that bytch was fierce.

Second Sonya see's Johnny Cage die right in front of her IN THE MOVIE...but that sense of drive isn't there. She gets more fights and screentime but isn't really as memorable.

Don't get me wrong, I like aspects of Hess's portrayal (She has a spunky, sporty, almost naive attitude about her) It's just that Bridgette Wilson had so much fukking PRESENCE...she just exuded attitude. "Give me a break" - "Okay" - Second Sonya doesn't pull that off. She didn't have the abrasiveness and her portrayal is hurt by comparison.

FWIW, I personally think that Hess was hotter than Wilson was....:manny: Of course, your taste may very, and I'm guessing that most would disagree with em anyways.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I actually like both of them but....it's clearly the Original (Bridgette Wilson) >>> Sequel (Sandra Hess)

OG Sonya really had you believing that she would go to the ends of the earth to get the man that off-screen killed her partner...:wow: She only actually got 1 fight (2 if you include that short minion melee) but that bytch was fierce.

Second Sonya see's Johnny Cage die right in front of her IN THE MOVIE...but that sense of drive isn't there. She gets more fights and screentime but isn't really as memorable.

Don't get me wrong, I like aspects of Hess's portrayal (She has a spunky, sporty, almost naive attitude about her) It's just that Bridgette Wilson had so much fukking PRESENCE...she just exuded attitude. "Give me a break" - "Okay" - Second Sonya doesn't pull that off. She didn't have the abrasiveness and her portrayal is hurt by comparison.

FWIW, I personally think that Hess was hotter than Wilson was....:manny: Of course, your taste may very, and I'm guessing that most would disagree with em anyways.

I agree OG Sonya had a screen presence that was kinda badass... :ehh: her attitude and how she carried herself really did it for me. But what would have put her truly over the top of is if she REALLY trained for the role to look the part...

I was dying when Kano asked her you know what I did with this knife baby?!

Yeah did ya use it to knife ya mother in the back.. :birdman:

I was :mjlol::deadrose:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps

let's be real bruh both were trash actresses lol

the sonya/kano fight in MK1 might be the worst fight scene ever put in a major motion picture tho. Second sonya couldn't fight either but at least they had her in the mud with them big titties bouncin around

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I remember my pops buying it for me on bootleg, I really had to force myself to make it through that movie, literally the only good thing about that movie is the soundtrack.

If they had went a dark and grimy route it might have worked...

Keep the same storyline from the animated movie but do it in live action...

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I remember my pops buying it for me on bootleg, I really had to force myself to make it through that movie, literally the only good thing about that movie is the soundtrack.

Raul Julia (M. Bison) was dying from stomach cancer, but you could tell he was having a blast as Bison and that's the best part of Street Fighter to me. Plus that etheress Tuesday line:

He left us too soon. :mjcry: