Lisa “Lisa” Velez, Was Offered The Lead Role In “Coming To America” But Her Ex-Husband Said: :mjpls:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Yeah we didn’t need her. We got an FBA queen.

Shari Headley isn't FBA, she's Trinidadian.

yikes-awkward-jay-z-6kxfedbf9dpcdmjn.gif

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
She said LEAD role.

That's either Prince Akeem or Lisa McDowell.

Literally every other female character in that movie plays a very small role. None of them have even half the lines Lisa has.

I can recite the movie from beginning to end. Lisa is the only character she could've played that is a LEAD role.

Also, Shari Headley wasn't a well-known actress either, so I don't understand your last point. IN FACT, Coming To America was her second role ever.

Kingofnyc being delusional as always

when did she say lead role because she damn sure didn’t say it in the OP

Shari was a up-and-coming actress and graduated from college with her degree and performing arts while Lisa Velez had zero experience in acting and was a singer / musician / dancer

I mean until she comes out and flat out says Eddie offered her the leading role of Lisa McDowell. I just cannot believe he nor anybody behind the movie would think of having a Puerto Rican young woman playing a girl named McDowell who father is John Amos living in Queens Village, owning a bootleg McDonald’s.

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10
if u listen to the interview, the man starts out by saying
is it true that you was offered a role in coming to America & Eddie Murphy asked you to be in it

i believe that role was going to be the club scene … and she was gonna be one of them girls

4j1CN6.gif

Agreed. The fact that he had 2 sets of twins in this scene let's me know that this was going to be her part. Eddie ain't slick. :lolbron:

Zcqx.gif

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
when did she say lead role because she damn sure didn’t say it in the OP

Shari was a up-and-coming actress and graduated from college with her degree and performing arts while Lisa Velez had zero experience in acting and was a singer / musician / dancer

I mean until she comes out and flat out says Eddie offered her the leading role of Lisa McDowell. I just cannot believe he nor anybody behind the movie would think of having a Puerto Rican young woman playing a girl named McDowell who father is John Amos living in Queens Village, owning a bootleg McDonald’s.
I'm assuming that Youtube channel belongs to her or someone working for her because the title of the video literally says "Lisa Lisa was offered lead role in Eddie Murphy’s “Coming To America” "

Also why would turning down a bit part be worth talking about almost four decades later?

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I'm assuming that Youtube channel belongs to her or someone working for her because the title of the video literally says "Lisa Lisa was offered lead role in Eddie Murphy’s “Coming To America” "

Also why would turning down a bit part be worth talking about almost four decades later?

yes, I noticed the title/caption says lead role … but as I said before, when you click on the video, the first person speaking is the man interviewing and he clearly says a role and , she doesn’t say lead role at all … so I’m assuming whoever owns or runs the site put lead role in the title/caption did it for Clickbait

as far as bringing up, turning down the road from the movie that came out 35+ years ago … I don’t know - it seems like someone seeking clout
but I do know and I find very interesting is every time you hear a person who turned down a blockbuster / game changer / stands the test the time /all time classic role : that particular person usually is asked or compares themselves to who actually played in that role

like Will Smith being asked about turning down the matrix will always say something like it was the best thing because Keanu Reeves fit the role better or Lawrence Fishburn turning down the pulp fiction saying it was the best thing because Samuel L Jackson played the role better, etc., etc. the fact that Lisa Lisa has never said anything about Sheri H. pretty much makes me believe the role that Eddie offered her wasn’t Lisa McDowell

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I like Shari Headley better for that role people would have felt a way if he was lusting for a Latina. Even though Lisa Lisa was one of my big boyhood crushes.