Lindsey Graham criticizes Biden’s 5 billion to black farmers as “REPERATIONS”

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Brah this thread is about Lindsey Graham's comments on reparations. :why:

Someone mentioned "both sides" and I wanted to show him why "Both sides" need to be criticized and other people see their bullshyt. Not just us "Both Siders" who you bootlickers desperately try to make us out to be secret Trump supporters.

But of course yall Dem bootlickers will me more mad at me for pointing out the bullshyt than the actual bullshyt the Corporate Dems yall defend at all cost are doing.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:mjlol: Trump was on AZ and GA and those dudes ran on a progressive agenda and won. Nobody is buying into corporate politicians.

no they didn’t win with Trump on the ballot in GA. They got enough of the vote to trigger a recount and they won when Trump was not on the ballot

Graham is not a senator if Trump isn’t on the ballot in 2020

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
There are less than 35,000 Black farmers in the US. $5B averages out to over $140k per farmer. Of course this “ain’t shyt” to the average Coli poster. :skip:

I mean, if white folks are trying to classify this as reparations... 140k ain’t shyt if you think about the damage that has been done to Black farmers since the reconstruction

and BTW, it’s not just going to Black farmers... how much you want to bet those “one-drop Native Americans” are about to become a person of color...

Daps
I mean, if white folks are trying to classify this as reparations... 140k ain’t shyt if you think about the damage that has been done to Black farmers since the reconstruction

and BTW, it’s not just going to Black farmers... how much you want to bet those “one-drop Native Americans” are about to become a person of color...

It’s not reparations. Who gives a shyt if racist republicans are trying to “classify” it as reparations to rile up their base? That still doesn’t make it reparations. And, even if Black farmers deserve more, 140k remains a significant amount.

How the money is distributed is a completely different criticism. It has nothing to do with the comment I addressed.

Nice deflections tho. :pachaha:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Lindsay doesn’t read the bills just like most people. Black farmers aren’t getting 5 billion. “Socially disadvantaged” farmers are.

“Nearly half of it will be targeted at what the USDA calls “socially disadvantaged” farmers, or those who have been “subjected to racial or ethnic prejudices because of their identity as a member of a group without regard to their individual qualities.” The group includes Black Americans, Native Americans, Alaskan natives, Latinos, Asian Americans, and Pacific Islanders.”

$5 billion of the stimulus bill seeks to undo damage to farmers of color

Daps
You may want to take a closer look at costs for farming operations. 140k may not go beyond buying one piece of machinery.

That still doesn’t make it an insignificant amount. :gucci:

Edit: I swear some of you just like to play Devil’s Advocate but end up being Devil’s Idiot

The Center for American Progress found that the average full-time white farmer made $17,190 in farm income in 2017, while the average full-time African-American farmer made $2,408.

African-American Farmers Make Up Less Than 2 Percent of All U.S. Farmers

Last edited:

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
they are trying to set up MAGA as opposition to reparations is what this looks like

there is no other reason for him to mention that word unless Donald told him to. MAGA will now be officially anti reparations

:snoop:

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
That still doesn’t make it an insignificant amount. :gucci:

Edit: I swear some of you just like to play Devil’s Advocate but end up being Devil’s Idiot

The Center for American Progress found that the average full-time white farmer made $17,190 in farm income in 2017, while the average full-time African-American farmer made $2,408.

African-American Farmers Make Up Less Than 2 Percent of All U.S. Farmers

You're assuming I'm just being contrarian and I'm not. Also, those numbers have nothing to do with what I said about operating costs. You can go build out any worthwhile John Deere utility tractor right now and by the time you're done that 140k is gone.

And the little part they won't tell you is that they've taken a page from Apple and you can't do repairs on it yourself, you're locked into an agreement when you buy it to have only them service whatever you get.
And with planned obsolescence built in, you're lucky to get 2-3 years before serious repairs/parts maintenance kicks in, if that.

I'm not just guessing here. Of course it will depend on the size of the farming operation, but still. Take a look for yourself and you will see.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
It’s not reparations. Who gives a shyt if racist republicans are trying to “classify” it as reparations to rile up their base? That still doesn’t make it reparations. And, even if Black farmers deserve more, 140k remains a significant amount.

How the money is distributed is a completely different criticism. It has nothing to do with the comment I addressed.

Nice deflections tho. :pachaha:

No deflections, just disputing the counter argument. 140k can finish quick on replacing a few outdated pieces of farm equipment or repaying a business loan... it really isn’t significant if you are in the business of farming.

Daps
You're assuming I'm just being contrarian and I'm not. Also, those numbers have nothing to do with what I said about operating costs. You can go build out any worthwhile John Deere utility tractor right now and by the time you're done that 140k is gone.

And the little part they won't tell you is that they've taken a page from Apple and you can't do repairs on it yourself, you're locked into an agreement when you buy it to have only them service whatever you get.
And with planned obsolescence built in, you're lucky to get 2-3 years before serious repairs/parts maintenance kicks in, if that.

I'm not just guessing here. Of course it will depend on the size of the farming operation, but still. Take a look for yourself and you will see.

Farmers making $2.5k annually wouldn’t see a significant benefit from a $140k? :mindblown:

Sure farming equipment is expensive. Why are you assuming that’s the only way they could use that money? You created that strawmen to deflect. A 140k influx of cash would obviously be a significant boon for a business only making 2500.

No deflections, just disputing the counter argument. 140k can finish quick on replacing a few outdated pieces of farm equipment or repaying a business loan... it really isn’t significant if you are in the business of farming.

This is an unabashed lie. Coli brehs will literally argue water ain’t wet. :snoop:

Farmers will take out loans for a fraction of that amount just to survive, but you’re really trying to argue that getting that amount without having to pay it back is not significant. Amazing. :gucci:

USDA Farm Loans: What Are They?