Light/Rail Gun shooter's apperciation

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
As I've grown older I appreciate these games more.

I'm gonna cop the sinden lightgun and a cabinet so I can have a DIY arcade system just for gun games probably at the end of the year or next year. :ehh:

cropped-DSC_0756border-1.jpg

^ thats the light gun
How much for that gun and where to cop?

:lupe:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
How much for that gun and where to cop?

:lupe:

It's a little pricey but worth it IMO because it works with mostly everything and easy to map.

Sinden Lightgun – The official site for the Sinden Lightgun

$111 USD for just one gun without the recoil
$180 USD for the gun with recoil.

^ setup video that shows you how it works.

I think its worth it because I tried doing light gun games with a cheap wiimote I had sitting around the house and it was a tremendous hassle to set up and calibrate for every game I had on my arcade setup. It's possible, but you basically have to dedicate 30 mins to a hour setting up every game to work correctly. This shyt is just plug n play.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I've seen people emulate both games but I failed to do it on my raspberry pi when I tried. The hardware for a rpi isn't powerful enough. I think you need a legit pc to get those going, and most people aren't trying to play these kinds of games on that.

It is what it is. Lowkey tho, VR is reviving the light gun genre. I wouldn't be surprised if HOTD comes back on that.
does rasberri pi emulate PS2 games?

but it fails at saturn?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
does rasberri pi emulate PS2 games?

but it fails at saturn?

Nah, it can't emulate ps2 games good.

It emulates up to dreamcast, it does saturn but mostly just the 2D games on saturn. It flopped badly on the light gun games and sonic R. There's this one Doom-type game that's 3D it does good on that's it. Plus that shyt overheats.

You need a real PC to run saturn and up usually. The technology isn't all the way there yet for us to be able to run them on mini chips yet sadly.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sin and Punishment 2 is the best railshooter I've ever played. Was that Dead Space one any good?