Life in Canada - what is it like?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
How is St.John and Fredicton in NB? Never hear people talk about Canada east of Quebec. I have coworkers in each of those towns and it seems chill. I'm assuming it's boring and quiet out there?
I went to Vancouver last fall. It was cool and felt wealthy but it was minimal black people from what I saw. I dig the general aesthetic of the PNW though and the residential neighborhoods in Vancouver seemed nice

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is St.John and Fredicton in NB? Never hear people talk about Canada east of Quebec. I have coworkers in each of those towns and it seems chill. I'm assuming it's boring and quiet out there?
I went to Vancouver last fall. It was cool and felt wealthy but it was minimal black people from what I saw. I dig the general aesthetic of the PNW though and the residential neighborhoods in Vancouver seemed nice

Very cheap and affordable, growing immigrant population

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
My response would have been different 6-7 year ago. Canada is a fukking shythole and for a black man? Good fukking luck. We have gone super Saiyan on bringing in Indians who aint hiring no nikkas.

If you settle in the major cities, you better be making money because cost of living here is insane. The taxes are insane. Minimum income required to buy a detached home in a city like Toronto is like $200K. You get taxed on everything...and often you are taxed on top of tax. Sales tax alone is 13-15%.

Very anti-business. Stiffles competition. Multiple oligopolies...which in turn screws Canadians because lack of competition means higher prices, shyttier offerings.

We have no economy. Selling houses to each other is our economy when we have an abundance of natural resources. Health system is overrun. Doctors are leaving. Millions of Canadians can't find a family doctor. Maybe wait till the current government is gone to make a decision but the damage is already done.

You sound like a Pierre Pollieve advertisement.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Cost of living is out of control. I'm paying 9k in property taxes this year. Income taxes through the roof. Sales tax 14 percent or whatever the fukk it is now.

man my car insurance skyrocketed just because I have a honda crv :beli:. Instead of cops doing thier jobs and arresting carjackers and fixing this ish instead of slap on teh wrist now we gotta pay extra.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cost of living is out of control. I'm paying 9k in property taxes this year. Income taxes through the roof. Sales tax 14 percent or whatever the fukk it is now.

Property taxes are insane right now given you have to pay those hefty land transfer taxes to buy property too.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Property taxes are insane right now given you have to pay those hefty land transfer taxes to buy property too.

They're only going to get worse as the province cracks down on development charges to speed up new housing construction.

I don't even get shyt for my 9k. I live in the country. I'm on a well. I have propane for heating. I haven't seen a cop in a year.

I'm basically just paying for schools, roads and garbage pick up. It's ridiculous.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
They're only going to get worse as the province cracks down on development charges to speed up new housing construction.

I don't even get shyt for my 9k. I live in the country. I'm on a well. I have propane for heating. I haven't seen a cop in a year.

I'm basically just paying for schools, roads and garbage pick up. It's ridiculous.

Where do you live ? Are you near Barrie or down near Niagara ?