Life in Canada - what is it like?

Kuma the Bear

The Ultimate King of Iron Fist
Daps
Reppin
Mishima Industries
After reading posts here and reading the expat Reddit, it seems that Canada is no better.
The same issues on the expat Reddit were brought up - higher cost of living and terrible job market which is basically the UK atm.

Might aswell stay where I'm at, better the devil you know etc.
I'll keep my options open and keep looking around.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Halifax is hot right now. Look into that since it's the Eastern most city and closer to the U.K.

It's a small city though 465k metro population.

Otherwise the Big 3: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver are your best bet if you got bread.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My response would have been different 6-7 year ago. Canada is a fukking shythole and for a black man? Good fukking luck. We have gone super Saiyan on bringing in Indians who aint hiring no nikkas.

If you settle in the major cities, you better be making money because cost of living here is insane. The taxes are insane. Minimum income required to buy a detached home in a city like Toronto is like $200K. You get taxed on everything...and often you are taxed on top of tax. Sales tax alone is 13-15%.

Very anti-business. Stiffles competition. Multiple oligopolies...which in turn screws Canadians because lack of competition means higher prices, shyttier offerings.

We have no economy. Selling houses to each other is our economy when we have an abundance of natural resources. Health system is overrun. Doctors are leaving. Millions of Canadians can't find a family doctor. Maybe wait till the current government is gone to make a decision but the damage is already done.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Also, Montreal might be a little tough/annoying if you don't speak french so keep that in mind as well. I know people who don't speak french and while they do get by, i can tell it's a hassle for them sometimes
Êtes-vous souvent poursuivi par des hommes homosexuels ? être fan de Drake ne peut pas être facile :dame: