Can't afford a good one right now :mjcry:

Help a brotha out. I'll set up the go fund me :mjgrin:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
There's basically no point in getting a 4k tv that small though :yeshrug: unless ur sitting 6 inches away from it you can't see a difference between 4k and 1080p. HDR would be the biggest difference you can notice

Good thing it comes with HDR then.

And going by that graph I will be getting the benefit of it.

Like I said, its for my dorm room. Its gonna be close.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Good thing it comes with HDR then.

And going by that graph I will be getting the benefit of it.

Like I said, its for my dorm room. Its gonna be close.

IMO from seeing the newer TV's in person, i would pick HDR over 4k if i had to choose. HDR content is a HUGE upgrade over the old stuff

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
There's basically no point in getting a 4k tv that small though :yeshrug: unless ur sitting 6 inches away from it you can't see a difference between 4k and 1080p. HDR would be the biggest difference you can notice

this chart is from 2012 :francis:

during this time period they told us their was no difference between 144 fps and 60 fps, which we know is a lie now :francis:

I would not take much tech advice from 2012 at any value in 2017 without further research with up to date charts :francis:

edit: where did you find this fugazi ass chart :skip: according to your chart, 4k gaming on a PC would be no different than 480p gaming :laff: your chart LITERALLY says 4k monitors on a PC have no different benefit than 480p monitors :laff: fukk outta here :laff:
come on man, stop posting misinformation in here :francis:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
this chart is from 2012 :francis:

during this time period they told us their was no difference between 144 fps and 60 fps, which we know is a lie now :francis:

I would not take much tech advice from 2012 at any value in 2017 without further research with up to date charts :francis:

edit: where did you find this fugazi ass chart :skip: according to your chart, 4k gaming on a PC would be no different than 480p gaming :laff: your chart LITERALLY says 4k monitors on a PC have no different benefit than 480p monitors :laff: fukk outta here :laff:
come on man, stop posting misinformation in here :francis:

i think you're reading the chart wrong or not understanding the units of measure breh

it clearly infers that 4k would be useful at the distance one usually sits from their monitor :dahell:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i think you're reading the chart wrong or not understanding the units of measure breh

it clearly infers that 4k would be useful at the distance one usually sits from their monitor :dahell:

:dahell: according to your chart 27-32" 4k inche monitors have 0 benefit over 480p monitors, I think YOU are reading your own chart wrong

according to THAT chart, the benefit of 4k doesnt start until 47" inche screen and almost 5 feet viewing distance

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Question for anyone here..

I see HDMI 4K cables. Right now Im only using standard HDMI cables for my new TV..

Should I cop one of these 4K HDMI cables??

Will it make a difference?

Edit :beli:
There's no reason to get standard-speed cables anymore, as the price difference is negligible between those and the high-speed versions. There's also no real reason to get cables with Ethernet, since nothing uses that, and probably nothing ever will.

So that leaves High-speed HDMI cables... which haven't changed much in years. It's important to remember, there's no such thing as HDMI cable "versions." There's no such thing as a "HDMI 2.0 cable." The version numbers refer to the HDMI connections in your gear. Which is to say, your TV can have HDMI 2.0 inputs, but your HDMI cable is just an HDMI cable. Any High-speed will do. So even if you bought a High-speed cable when all your gear was 1080p and HDMI 1.4, it will probably work now with 4K HDR and HDMI 2.0a gear.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
:dahell: according to your chart 27-32" 4k inche monitors have 0 benefit over 480p monitors, I think YOU are reading your own chart wrong

according to THAT chart, the benefit of 4k doesnt start until 47" inche screen and almost 5 feet viewing distance

You're either blind or retarded. Read the legend on the graph closely, read the x and y axis closely, read the units of measure closely. It says that a 25 inch monitor will begin to show the benefits of 4k around 2 feet away, which is exactly about how far someone normally sits from their monitor. A 40 inch screen will begin to show the benefits of 4k at around 5 feet. If you've ever tried it in real life you'd know that's true. Unless you have better than 20/20 vision. Once again, you are definitely reading the chart wrong breh.

Daps
Smart man. It's not a good move to buy these TVs this year with HDMI 2.1 on next year's sets. Especially if you have or plan to get the Xbox One X.

I'd rather have a TV that eliminates screen tearing than one that doesn't.

So those TVs will be released sometime next year? Will they use this as an excuse to hike up the prices on these televisions?