let's talk about one sided love

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I know, can't save em, she wants the thrill I want the chill, maybe in a few years she might grow up but I gotta charge it, it just pains me to see another black woman head down that path, and another brother who won't get his shyt straight, god bless us all
yall weren't destined to be :goddamnisaygoddamnmayne:
hopefully she'll see he's a dikkhead and hopefully he'll stop trying to whip with a suspended license:thefukkmayne:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
yall weren't destined to be :goddamnisaygoddamnmayne:
hopefully she'll see he's a dikkhead and hopefully he'll stop trying to whip with a suspended license:thefukkmayne:
That's what I'm saying lol at some point i stop caring romantically and I care for well being cause that's my friend, she's from Atlanta too idk If I can handle them I'm too honest and laid back I can't bring myself to act like nikkas like that, well least girls are everywhere tho, might as well have fun

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
A'ight ma. :ehh: Back to the thread subject though...unrequited love taught me how to love, so I've got mixed feelings about it.
Relationships are lessons and mirrors. You learn a lot about yourself and what you need and want.

Yesterday, I learned forgiveness can be "Thank you for giving me that experience."

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It sucks, you're lucky if you never have to experience it.

With that said, I don't think I ever have.

I have one sided lusted over someone so much I thought it was love, which imo is much more deadly. You make all kind of excuses and reason to keep doing what your doing when the lust is strong and it feels like love but doesn't have the actual qualities of love.

When you love someone its a whole different atmosphere than when you lusting. Lusting after someone is a sort of high that feels good/exciting everytime you speak to them, but we all know what happens when a junkie can no longer get they're high

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Went through that in my younger years then a person took advantage of me and from then on I finally learned and only connected with whoever wanted to connect with me.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The older you get, the more you realize it's not THAT bad. I mean it sucks for sure and the hope is always reciprocity, but at the end of the day you can't help who you love nor if they love you in return. For me, being able to even move past having "generic" feelings for someone is special because it doesn't happen often and I just try to embrace how good it made me feel at the time because years often pass before I feel that way about someone again.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
I haven't experienced one sided love, maybe one sided like, and that was years ago. I can like someone one sided for a long time and then get over them and barely remember why I even liked them.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It sucks, you're lucky if you never have to experience it.

With that said, I don't think I ever have.

I have one sided lusted over someone so much I thought it was love, which imo is much more deadly. You make all kind of excuses and reason to keep doing what your doing when the lust is strong and it feels like love but doesn't have the actual qualities of love.

When you love someone its a whole different atmosphere than when you lusting. Lusting after someone is a sort of high that feels good/exciting everytime you speak to them, but we all know what happens when a junkie can no longer get they're high
I think this describes me perfectly. Like after I stop talking to one guy, I immediately find someone new. Luckily its just talking.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
People love at different times. People will never literally love "together"

Maybe in January the man loves the woman more.

But by July she loves him more.

When your dealing with people you can fall in and out of love. At least that's what I think. shyt ain't sunshine and rainbows all day.

I'm not emotionally possessive so whatever I felt about somebody is how I felt. Now if they show me no love whatsoever and it's clear as day they don't fukk with me I'm gone. But then again I'm not waiting hand and foot for someone to love ME. I love me.

I let people do what they do and I do what I do and feel how I feel.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
it's a tough thing to go through but it's important to realize how much you value yourself (and yes, it's about how much you love yourself compared to loving the other person) and immediately start working on detaching and breaking ties.

personally i can't talk due to what i've been through with my lady however it's up to you decide to check out and move on to something better, or decide that this person has qualities that are worth working through the bullshyt for.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People love at different times. People will never literally love "together"

Maybe in January the man loves the woman more.

But by July she loves him more.

When your dealing with people you can fall in and out of love. At least that's what I think. shyt ain't sunshine and rainbows all day.

I'm not emotionally possessive so whatever I felt about somebody is how I felt. Now if they show me no love whatsoever and it's clear as day they don't fukk with me I'm gone. But then again I'm not waiting hand and foot for someone to love ME. I love me.

I let people do what they do and I do what I do and feel how I feel.

I more or less agree.

However I feel like that when you love someone and all their flaws and that person helps you be a better person you'll always have that love. I do agree that it will go up and down in strength but you'll love them non the less.

Sometimes it just hits you, "I really love this girl" and sometimes you dont think twice about it, sometimes you question it but it never leaves or is off. But love is about loving the good, bad and the ugly. But there should always be more good than ugly and bad.

People say they can love people they hate or that isn't good for them. I don't think that's love, and I don't understand it. If I love you I don't hate you, and if I hate you I dont love you, hell if i dislike you I dont love you. And that's how a lot of people in up in the dysfunctional one sided romances or stuck with a man or woman for years that they thought they loved and hated or dislike.

I have alot of love to give so I need someone that's the same personally. I'm always kept love walled off from all my other emotions so when I do decide I want to invest I need someone that is going to do the same, all of me for all of them.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I think people get love, lust, and infatuation confused. One sided of any of those 3 things can be one of the worst things in the world. Not being on the same page within those three things can be bad too. For example someone actually in love while the other is infatuated will love after the other person's infatuation has worn off. If I feel me and the other person aren't on the same page I cut the relationship off. I'm not one to try to make someone like or love me.

I also think two people can be in love at the same time. People do fall in and out of love, sometimes it happens overtime but I believe once you love someone you love them forever. Like real, carved a place in your heart love. That doesn't mean that you are in love with them or want/need to be with them but I don't think you can unlove someone completely if you ever truly did. Long term relationships/marriage isn't just about love that's why they take work. When you grow distant and/or fall out of love is the person and what you have built worth the work?

ModestMo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm very picky with whom I decide to open up to; if I feel like someone isn't reciprocating my feelings, I cut them off. I love hard (in regard to family, friendship and romantic relationships) but I'm also quick to let them go if the relationship isn't mutually satisfying; I'm trying to enjoy life to the best of my ability with people who love and care about me... I don't have time to waste on lopsided relationships.

THIS!!!!