Let's Talk About How This Multi-level Marketing Scam Is Taking Over America...

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Remember in 2006 , I went to this presentation for Cyberwize trying to scam people on the same shyt from juices to prepaid legal. However they had it at dude's place at a huge house on the hill along with free bar along the pool with bartenders, bad bytches of all races and they turned the patio into a dance hall with a live DJ. At least it was worth the trip.

Fast Forward to 2012 and my Government prof says to come to class on time if we wanna see a guest speaker . Rush to class that day only to come into the class looking :why::stopitslime: at who it was. The SAME guy who had the Cyberwize presentation was trying to push Oregano Beans on us in our classroom. I had to talk to my Prof afterwards and he had no idea who he was before but thought he was legit because the school approved his visit :wtf: Needless to say, the next day in class was an open forum roasting the guy and his pyramid scheme.

Dude was named Romacio and worked under this guy who I actually met at the presentation in '06 Organo Gold Scam: HOLTON BUGGS= CON ARTIST?

Ol girl who I was trying to smash at the time invited me to that house on the hill presentation, trying to get me to sign up with her. She told me was going to call me when she got her Range Rover from making so much money from it after I backed out of the shyt. I called her the other month to ask her where's her Range and how was Cyberwize was treating her. She had no idea what I was talking about yet she had the link on her FB profile for years :russ:

She don't remember shyt huh

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I got caught into two of those and I still apologize to my friends

When you go to the events the energy is comparable to when my cousin introduced me to Buddhism with people he chanted nam yo renge kyo but with Buddhism the positivity was real

MLMs are evil because they feed into your ego especially now with IG you hear the stories, shake their hands, and seeing them live the life they "earned"

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just read this whole thread, and I got so much to add on...

When I was a kid, my dad was in Primerica (in the early 90s), and then ACN (in the mid-to-late-90s), so I literally grew up around this bullshyt. As an adult, I've had friends try to recruit me to these exact same companies. The "product" may have changed, but the business model is still exactly the same, right down to the recruitment process and meetings.

My former music partner invited me to his house for an "opportunity" back in '09. I went, knowing it was probably some bullshyt. We were already about to stop fukkin with each other by that point, anyway. It ended up being a meeting for ACN. They had completely repackaged their "product" from long-distance phone service to "video phones", but everything else was the same. They also showed us some video with Donald Trump co-signing ACN :mjpls:. I waited patiently through the presentation, and then I went in on their asses. I was asking about the viability of their "video phone" product, when soon everybody was gonna have this feature on their cell phones (obviously, I was right). This bytch nikka and his wife got so butthurt. I also went in on his upline guy who was running the meeting...dude had no answers for anything I was saying.

Another friend of mine tried to recruit me to Primerica back in like 2012/2013. He told me about an "opportunity", and I'm like ok here we go again. I asked him what the name of the company was, and he refused to tell me (knowing I'd do research). He had this cac bytch call me and give the big sales pitch. I entertained her, but didn't give in. She was finally like, "well, you're not hungry, and we need people who are going to be hungry and want it" :bryan:.

I've distanced myself from this friend, as well, but haven't stopped fukkin with him entirely.

My other homie used to do Prepaid Legal and MCA. He is one of my closest homies, and he always knew not to approach me with that BS. He later told me that MCA trained them to post fake money pics on social media. :martin:

I have the displeasure of knowing exactly how the awful MLM industry works. Lots of broke people get into it, because they're sold a dream of getting rich. A lot of people lose friends over that shyt, because they brainwash you into thinking that people who don't want to do MLM are inferior/closed-minded/average/ignorant.

Lastly, I always post this video to every MLM thread I encounter online. Shyt is hilarious and accurate af.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
me and my patna i been knowing for 17 yrs just fell out because of acn. That sh1t done consumed his life. He was talking like he doing real business. "man been outta town 3 times this month". im like :wtb: bmore and atl??? you can do that anytime nikka. they always trying recruit ppl when they going out. Dont nobody wanna talk about no damn acn at a bar. He got his momma and his brothers in it too :smh:
Updates?