Let's Talk about 4K

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I would always (and have) choose OLED.
But a quick Google shows that screen burn is a thing that exists at a higher rate than other TVs so it is still an argument for some people spending that amount of money.

I always buy additional warranty so it's :yeshrug:
I have OLED also and that's not a worry of mine:yeshrug:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
First tv I ever bought was in 2010 while I was away at college. It was a 42" samsung plasma. Did my research and found out you basically have to be retarded to get burn-in. Beautiful picture for the time and it was cheap because by then everybody feared the bogeyman called burn in and LED LCD's were popping at the time.

Used that tv for five years and never ever suffered through any burn in. In 2015 I gave the tv away to my dad. He's using it to this day with no problem. Eight years later and no burn-in.

I bought a 4K LED Vizio set in 2015 (yall might remember, I made a thread on it) only because by then plasmas were pretty much extinct, at least in terms of best picture with newest features. However, when the coli brehs put me on to this OLED shyt and y'all told me it was pretty much the godbody tv with literally the only drawback being burn-in, I'm like :blessed:.

Once again, I did my quick research and found that, again, you have to be fukkin retarded to let your 4 figure investment get burn-in.

Confident in my intelligence, I pulled the trigger and have been eating ever since :ahh:

I mean seriously if the screen is idle for like 10 minutes a screensaver comes on. I've left the tv on overnight quite a few times but I woke up the next morning and there goes my trusty screensaver ensuring me that even retards don't have to worry about burn-in :whew:

Its okay if brehs can't afford it, but it's wack to try to shyt on the OLED because of your peasant lifestyle. It's like saying "Ferrari's only come in red :scusthov:"

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Can you do a post on microled
I might have to copy and paste the info MicroLED literally came out this year. Don't know much I'm afraid. Sorry. I am just getting my head around this 4K shyt.

Going to HD from SD was relatively simple. With 4K you have put some time in research or you may end up with a shyt television.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
QLED

What is QLED? QLED stands for Quantum Dot Light Emitting Diode.

Basically its a LED tv with pixels the size of 50 atoms.

Samsung got out of OLED tv business a couple years ago despite being one of the pioneers of the technology. (Amoled, anybody) They stated that it wasn't commercially viable. So they left. LG decided invest $600m in bettering the manufacturing process and now its paying dividends, figuratively and literally.
Most if not all OLED panels in televisions are made by LG Display.

Samsung went the other route and decided to improve LED LCD displays and have produced the closest thing to OLED. Without the fear of burn in.

Because LED tvs have a higher peak brightness, QLED has the advantage of being brighter than OLED. However being LCD, QLED suffer from the issues of LCD. So if you buy a QLED without FALD the picture quality will not be as good with it. They also suffer from bad viewing angles although the Q9 2018 model is damn near on par with the C8.

TCL has also got in the game and will release QLED tvs alongside OLED and LCD.

TLDR

QLED is the best picture quality of all LCD tvs. Its picture quality is damn near OLED but again depends how the LED are arranged. You don't have the risk of burn in & higher peak brightness. However blacks on the set are not dark as OLED.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
First tv I ever bought was in 2010 while I was away at college. It was a 42" samsung plasma. Did my research and found out you basically have to be retarded to get burn-in. Beautiful picture for the time and it was cheap because by then everybody feared the bogeyman called burn in and LED LCD's were popping at the time.

Used that tv for five years and never ever suffered through any burn in. In 2015 I gave the tv away to my dad. He's using it to this day with no problem. Eight years later and no burn-in.

I bought a 4K LED Vizio set in 2015 (yall might remember, I made a thread on it) only because by then plasmas were pretty much extinct, at least in terms of best picture with newest features. However, when the coli brehs put me on to this OLED shyt and y'all told me it was pretty much the godbody tv with literally the only drawback being burn-in, I'm like :blessed:.

Once again, I did my quick research and found that, again, you have to be fukkin retarded to let your 4 figure investment get burn-in.

Confident in my intelligence, I pulled the trigger and have been eating ever since :ahh:

I mean seriously if the screen is idle for like 10 minutes a screensaver comes on. I've left the tv on overnight quite a few times but I woke up the next morning and there goes my trusty screensaver ensuring me that even retards don't have to worry about burn-in :whew:
I had a 2010 plasma and got burn in in early 2014. I fell asleep with netflix on and my wife sat there for 2 fukking hours with it just on a menu on her phone and that shyt burned in :francis:

Daps
Can you do a post on microled

MicroLED won't be a thing for years. But it's promising af. Benefits of OLED with the brightness of LED.

I have a 65" OLED. it's fire. Games look :wow:. LED might get brighter, but overall OLED wins imo.

If I was going to buy a LED, it would have to be FALD. That edge lit shyt is :trash:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
MicroLED won't be a thing for years. But it's promising af. Benefits of OLED with the brightness of LED.

I have a 65" OLED. it's fire. Games look :wow:. LED might get brighter, but overall OLED wins imo.

If I was going to buy a LED, it would have to be FALD. That edge lit shyt is :trash:

How does fald compare to oled?

Daps
How does fald compare to oled?

Does a good job, but by default it's at a unfair advantage. OLED pixels have the ability to completely shut off. That's why it can achieve perfect black levels. FALD LED you're still gonna see some blooming in dark areas with bright highlights. But if you throw some lighting behind the TV, it really helps.

MicroLED is best of both worlds. Brightness of LED with the ability to get perfect blacks like OLED. Years away from it being ready for consumers tho.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Dont ge gassed...if you dont have proper position of the 4k in your room...you wont be able to tell the difference

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
for someone who doesn't GAF about the latest tech and mainly uses the tv for sports, shytty horror movies, comedies, and GOT (when in season), what type of TV should I get? i don't watch a lot of movies, so i can't see myself needing a $2,000 for all that crazy ultra HD 4k feel like you're watching in real life type resolution.