Let's relive the first time we ever benched 225

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
What school did you "play" for? I knew when I asked the first time you'd avoid the question.

I've been lifting, running and training off and on for over 20 years. I could teach you several things about proper training.That's how I know that you're a simple".I lift things up and put them down" dude. The damage you're doing to your body will be evident in a few years. Laugh now, though.

Over 20 years :dead:

Unless you making varsity in pre school, you like 55. Sounding like a wet dog CAC too. Go share a ice cream cone with your golden retriever, Trevor.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I actually don't remember my first 225. I remember 215 though.

It was my freshman year when I started at 145. Then around May some of the seniors wanted to see just how strong I was and before that day I usually did reps at 185.

So from 185 they just kept adding weight until I did a 1 rep max of 215. Matter of fact I didn't even know it was 215 until one of the seniors tallied up the plates and looked at me and told me "yo you just benched 215 :merchant:". Honestly I was just happy to get over 200 lbs :manny:

Now 315 was pure sex :banderas:

I just got done doing reps at 295 so I was like fukk it, let me try 3 plates and low and behold I did it :mjgrin:

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
I was a year and a half into lifting (So around age 23). I asked for a spot after bring all hopped up on preworkout because I wasn't sure if I could even get that off the rack. I pumped out 2 clean reps and felt like I was going to bend the bar with my grip. After my spotter helped rerack em, he said "That was all you".

:wow:

I remember starting at 65lbs including the bar

Only ever made it up to 265 at 160lbs as I found other excerises I'd rather do for chest

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Can't spell.
Can't add.

Stick to lifting things up and putting them down

*still avoiding naming the ducktale football team you washed towels/jockstraps for

CAC I don't justify myself to those of inferior DNA. You don't lift because you were born with trash genetics and those brittle bones you got are built out of powder milk and grass. Just die already

You up here having deep thoughts of another man washing men's underwear which let's me know you on some fakkitt shyt.

:laff:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
CAC I don't justify myself to those of inferior DNA. You don't lift because you were born with trash genetics and those brittle bones you got are built out of powder milk and grass. Just die already

You up here having deep thoughts of another man washing men's underwear which let's me know you on some fakkitt shyt.

:laff:

Only "Cac" I see is the image of the one you CHOSE as your avatar.
Like I said, stick to what you're good at, picking things up & putting them down, because you're out of your league in a battle of wits.
Most people are proud of their athletic accomplishments. Fact that you keep dodging questions about this imaginary football team you were on says it all.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never did 225 but i dod 215 5x5. Probably could have done 225 for two reps. Got injured on my hip the next week and laid off the gym for a few months :mjcry:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I was 17 at the time in HS, I used to bench every other day. It was a great feeling because I worked my way up to it like 6 months of training. I only weighed a 160 at the time. It felt like a ton at the time...

But I didnt really start hitting it more frequently until I was like 19-20.....

I miss working out with my hs brehs after school. That passion is what fueled me to still be active today.....

Anyone can get in shape, but not many people can stay in shape. Staying is the mental part.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I think I've said it on here before, but a lot of that shyt really is mental. Once you break that barrier, you can go even higher. I used to lift 205, but then when I tried to put up those two plates, shyt would always get halfway there and get stuck. I don't remember exactly how long ago it was, but when I did that 225 for the first time, I was :brutuswow:.......then started walking around the gym like a big man like :Brutuscoming:.