Let's discuss the true meaning behind the Bible

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course there isn’t. You can’t prove something that’s false :yeshrug:

Israel fell for not listening to the law of Moses. Yet you pretend it had to do with them not recognizing their god divinity. All you are is a new Ager masquerading as a Bible believer.

They fell because they rejected Moses' message AND because they rejected the holy spirit.

Isaiah 63:8-11

For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

The proof is in both the OT and NT; as both books are in alignment. How do you not see this point? Also, even Islam gives credence to Jesus, although in a slightly different perspective. If you don't believe in Christ, who do you believe Isaiah 42 is referring to?

Isaiah 42 KJV:

42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Last edited:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
They fell because they rejected Moses' message AND because they rejected the holy spirit.

Not message. But the LAW. And God said that when they returned to obeying His law He’d remove the gentiles from ruling over them and restore their fortunes. And that’s why things in America are going haywire.

Isaiah 63:8-11

For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

The proof is in both the OT and NT; as both books are in alignment. How do you not see this point? Also, even Islam gives credence to Jesus, although in a slightly different perspective. If you don't believe in Christ, who do you believe Isaiah 42 is referring to?

Isaiah 42 KJV:

42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Who did Isaiah write as the servant in his book? And I mean by name?

Isaiah 41:6
But you, O Israel, My servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, descendant of Abraham My friend

Isaiah 44:1
"But now listen, O Jacob, My servant, And Israel, whom I have chosen

The people of Israel, the ones who actually turned back to following the law of Moses, are the ones who will be the light to the gentiles. When the Most High comes back and rewards them for doing as He commanded them to, THAT will show that He is who He says/said He is/was AND that the law is what we were supposed to be following all along. That’s if you believe the things written in the Old Testament. You only believe it when convenient

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not message. But the LAW. And God said that when they returned to obeying His law He’d remove the gentiles from ruling over them and restore their fortunes. And that’s why things in America are going haywire.

Who did Isaiah write as the servant in his book? And I mean by name?

Isaiah 41:6
But you, O Israel, My servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, descendant of Abraham My friend

Isaiah 44:1
"But now listen, O Jacob, My servant, And Israel, whom I have chosen

The people of Israel, the ones who actually turned back to following the law of Moses, are the ones who will be the light to the gentiles. When the Most High comes back and rewards them for doing as He commanded them to, THAT will show that He is who He says/said He is/was AND that the law is what we were supposed to be following all along. That’s if you believe the things written in the Old Testament. You only believe it when convenient

You need to read the NT so that you can truly see the alignment that your closed mind won't allow you to see:

John 8:58-59

58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

Like I said before, you sound exactly like the Scribes and Pharises. Read John 8

invalid

Banned
Daps
I don’t get into semantics my guy.

It's not semantics. It's English. In any rate, it explains your vacuous and non-substantive replies.

Obedience means listening right? So how can God even require MORE than listening to Him? It makes no sense and you only argue it to get out of obeying the commandments..

You can't be obedient to a God that you don't acknowledge. Belief precedes obedience. You jump to step two and skip over step one.

I never said the new covenant was in effect.

This answers my question.

I tried meeting you where you are but you don't even have good command of the OT, dismissing language, which directly ties into interpretation, as just semantics. Not interested in any exchange of ideas any longer. I was hoping that you could provide good insight that would have me rethink my positions, however, you just devolve into name calling and mockery without the ability to defend your own faith sufficiently.

invalid

Banned
Daps
It actually was, as was the Trinity.

The concept of faith as a pre-requisite for salvation and the concept of the Trinity was not conceptualized by OT Jews, otherwise, they would be Christians.

It is a difference, as Christians, in that we take revelation revealed in the New Testament canon, and look back at the OT scriptures, and see that revelation at play. That as adherents to the trinitarian nature of God, that we can look back at OT scriptures and see God active as multiple persons. Or as adherents to the importance of faith, can look back and see faith at play with OT actors as revealed by the scripture that you dropped regarding Abraham.

It still does not negate the fact, that that revelation was not conceptualized by OT Jews or found within rabbinic tradition. And those revelations did not take away from God entering into relationship with the Jewish nation.

If your position is still that Jews did have conceptualization of NT "faith" or NT "trinitarianism", then, what is this forum for if you don't exchange scriptures to support your position so that we can gain insight?:pachaha:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
You need to read the NT

I have. In the OT God and His words are the focus. In the NT its the words of Jesus and his followers that take importance. In the OT God said its Him alone that is the savior and that NO ONE is beside Him. In the NT Jesus, the newly appeared son of God, is the savior and says he sits at the right side of God. In the OT God said He shares His glory with no one. In the NT Jesus prays for God to restore the glory they once shared.

And I didn't even get into the law "dum diversas" that gave Euros the right to take EVERYTHING from people who did not accept their idol of Jesus. Its all cap. Black people are supposed to be following the God in the OT and His law, the law of Moses...

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
It's not semantics. It's English. In any rate, it explains your vacuous and non-substantive replies.

More empty words :russell:

I asked you what more to it could there be other than obedience and this is what you come back and say? :unimpressed:

You can't be obedient to a God that you don't acknowledge. Belief precedes obedience. You jump to step two and skip over step one.

You make no sense. This is a commandment:

Debut 6:5
And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength

How can a person follow the commandments but somehow "skip" over acknowledging or believing? But maybe you mean acknowledging Jesus? Well if Moses didn't have to acknowledge or believe in a Jesus to be accepted by God then neither do I
:yeshrug:

This answers my question.

I tried meeting you where you are but you don't even have good command of the OT, dismissing language, which directly ties into interpretation, as just semantics. Not interested in any exchange of ideas any longer. I was hoping that you could provide good insight that would have me rethink my positions, however, you just devolve into name calling and mockery without the ability to defend your own faith sufficiently.

Name calling? :mjlol: Where?

God said that when He makes the new covenant everyone will know Him and no one will have to teach their neighbor. That's what it says in Jeremiah 31, the place where God brought up the new covenant so obviously that isn’t in effect right now. And He didnt say He'd make that covenant with everyone but just Israel/Judah. Instead of addressing that you pretend as if you're on some moral high ground. All that tells me is that your sword ain't sharp enough
:francis::hubie:

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
boy said:
The concept of faith as a pre-requisite for salvation and the concept of the Trinity was not conceptualized by OT Jews, otherwise, they would be Christians.

Incorrect. The concept of 'faith' as a pre-requisite was part and parcel of Hebrew belief from the beginning and the concept of a 'godhead' was a Jewish invention....​

51mvpdnwChL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_ML2_.jpg

The Jewish 'godhead' was comprised of 2 'persons'. This binitarian belief was Orthodox until the late 1st Century CE which is why the first Christians were Jewish and eventually split from Judaism. The point of contention between the groups was who the second 'person' was.​

Last edited:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The Bible IS meant to be taken literally

Christ Consciousness and we are gods trying to raise our consciousness is new-age. I studied new age long enough to know the lingo and ultimately new age's purpose is to create a universal religion that will prepare people to worship Lucifer and those fallen angels that are about to come to this planet under the guise of being aliens. New Age is the mimicking of Lucifer's behavior of believing we ourselves can be God, which is why Lucifer was thrown out of heaven.

If you look into ufology, they will tell you that the 'aliens' haven't showed up because we haven't caused our consciousness to the correct level. This will tie into the whole 'star seed' theory which states humans were created by these advanced beings who genetically modified humanity.

The Bible is not turning ourselves into God, but rather it is about building our relationship WITH God and relying ON God and NOT ourselves and it is about humbling ourselves. The Kingdom of Heaven is indeed within, just as we ourselves are the temple for the Holy Spirit. Our bodies are temples for spirits period. The ones you invite within your temple is who you are casting your alliance to. The only spirit we should be allowing within ourselves is the Holy Spirit.
:ohlawd:

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have. In the OT God and His words are the focus. In the NT its the words of Jesus and his followers that take importance. In the OT God said its Him alone that is the savior and that NO ONE is beside Him. In the NT Jesus, the newly appeared son of God, is the savior and says he sits at the right side of God. In the OT God said He shares His glory with no one. In the NT Jesus prays for God to restore the glory they once shared.

And I didn't even get into the law "dum diversas" that gave Euros the right to take EVERYTHING from people who did not accept their idol of Jesus. Its all cap. Black people are supposed to be following the God in the OT and His law, the law of Moses...

The OT explains the laws of God, and the NT shows how to bring the laws into full expression. Jesus is the example, because our forefathers couldn't abide by the laws, hence the curses. Please understand this very important connection between the OT and the NT that the world brainwashes you to miss so that you don't realize your true power. Yes we were given the laws, but what good are the laws if no one is abiding by them? The people needed an example so that they could receive full salvation, judgement or cleansing which is the final crucifixion of the ego. Once the ego or the Dragon is slain in our inner being, we transcend this world and become one with God, which is the Revelation. Go back and read the NT, then read my post and then you will understand the connection. Get your mind on the Christ within you bro! Peace!

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
The OT explains the laws of God, and the NT shows how to bring the laws into full expression.
Not according to Moses :unimpressed:

But you skim over the differences yet tell me to read the NT. What you’re really trying to say is “just believe it” when you can’t even defend it from what I’m saying.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Aviso said:
Once the ego or the Dragon is slain in our inner being, we transcend this world and become one with God, which is the Revelation

Utter nonsense. YHWH 'stilled' the 'dragon' in Genesis in order to criticize Akkadian/Babylonian theology (see Enuma Elish), so what you stated is pure eisegesis. It had NOTHING to do with some 'inner being', but one 'divine being' subduing/falsifying another.

Revelation isn't about becoming 'one with G-d', either, but about Christ's victory over 'evil'.​

Last edited:

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Utter nonsense. YHWH 'stilled' the 'dragon' in Genesis in order to criticize Akkadian/Babylonian theology (see Enuma Elish), so what you stated is pure eisegesis. It had NOTHING to do with some 'inner being', but one 'divine being' subduing/falsifying another.

Revelation isn't about becoming 'one with G-d', either, but about Christ's victory over 'evil'.​

Revelation 12:3-6

3 Then another sign appeared in heaven an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

The dragon represents the negative thoughts or opposition to God, the child represents the new birth in Christ.