Let's be real about GTA V's shooting..

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Shooting is fine, dem Max Payne 3 :whoo: manual free aim mechanics :whew:. If you've clocked that game on hard :ahh: you should have absolutely no problems as it's the same right down to cover. The only thing that's given me trouble is not being able to see the reticle when shooting from cars, the reticle sometimes blends into the background and you cant see what your shooting.
Max Payne 3s shooting is much tighter & better than this shyt

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Max Payne 3s shooting is much tighter & better than this shyt
This. I beat Max Payne 3 recently on every difficulty but Old School, and i much prefer the aiming in MP3. I was a fukkin' expert marksmen with all guns in GTA 4, but this fukkin' shyt feels so loose and slidey. It's just one of many simple things Rockstar found a way to fukk up.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Outside of Trevor's rampage missions, the aiming is better with free-aim enabled.

Sticky aim when trynna change targets or take accurate shots. :huhldup:

Then again most complaints coming from PS3 gamers. :scusthov: Everyone ain't blessed with the god controller :blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This. I beat Max Payne 3 recently on every difficulty but Old School, and i much prefer the aiming in MP3. I was a fukkin' expert marksmen with all guns in GTA 4, but this fukkin' shyt feels so loose and slidey. It's just one of many simple things Rockstar found a way to fukk up.
Max Payne 3 did have lots of bullet time though. I'm sure y'all wasn't playing it with no bullet time.

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Max Payne 3 did have lots of bullet time though. I'm sure y'all wasn't playing it with no bullet time.
True, it did have bullet time, even though on the hardest difficulties in MP3 the bullet time was greatly decreased. I was still nasty with out it though. I don't know why Rockstar couldn't just import aiming from Red Dead, MP 3, or GTA 4. It's like a lot of things in GTA V. They tried to fix stuff that wasn't broken and just made it worse.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
True, it did have bullet time, even though on the hardest difficulties in MP3 the bullet time was greatly decreased. I was still nasty with out it though. I don't know why Rockstar couldn't just import aiming from Red Dead, MP 3, or GTA 4. It's like a lot of things in GTA V. They tried to fix stuff that wasn't broken and just made it worse.
Exactly, even GTA IV with free aim was better

I'm not even saying I'm shytty with free aim because I'm getting through just fine with it on (I have trouble in close quarters combat though) but people trippin if they honestly think this game has solid shooting mechanics

There's a clear reason why there's even an option for auto aim

Saints row IV has better shooting than this :wow:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thing I hate is why the fukk do the crosshairs have to be so small and white? Even on the setting other than simple it's fukking way too small

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
Thing I hate is why the fukk do the crosshairs have to be so small and white? Even on the setting other than simple it's fukking way too small

you can change the aiming reticle and make it more precise. I think it's called "complex" or something it's under the display settings

EDIT: completely missed the part when u said you didnt like the other one either

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can change the aiming reticle and make it more precise. I think it's called "complex" or something it's under the display settings

Yeah I'm on complex and it's still small for me. It doesn't help that it's white too.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, even GTA IV with free aim was better

I'm not even saying I'm shytty with free aim because I'm getting through just fine with it on (I have trouble in close quarters combat though) but people trippin if they honestly think this game has solid shooting mechanics

There's a clear reason why there's even an option for auto aim

Saints row IV has better shooting than this :wow:
Let's not get carried away now breh. I'm HOPING you mean "aiming" is better in it as it's much more precise. SHOOTING and the way the enemies react are far better in this game.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Let's not get carried away now breh. I'm HOPING you mean "aiming" is better in it as it's much more precise. SHOOTING and the way the enemies react are far better in this game.
Yeah I'm talking about aiming, the game was mediocre but the controls were tight

It's difficult as hell keeping focus on a moving target while you're stationary on GTA V

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
im not gonna lie on one of them heist missions i had to say fuk it and switch bak to auto aim cuz it was gettin to the point where i had to take 6 shots before i lined the sight up right (and this coming from a dude who destroys shyt in shooters)....and there's no fukking way u gettin them headshots u need during a mission with free aim on, shyt is impossible :why: